Search for content in message boards

JERNIGAN

Posted: 1 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 2:16AM GMT
Surnames: JERNIGAN, AZBELL
LOOKING FOR CONNECTION IN NANSEMOND CO TO THE JERNIGAN FAMILY WHO MIGRATED TO BERTIE COUNTY NC. SARAH JERNIGAN MARRIED SOLOMON ASBELL IN 1784 IN BERTIE. EMAIL ME PLEASE
Posted: 11 Jan 2003 9:03AM GMT
Edited: 14 Apr 2006 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: Jernagan/Asbell
Greeting's....( Help}
Responding to your post mess.Here it goe's,Myra Emily Jane
Lindsey 10th child of Starling&Mary Catherine {Asbell) Lindsey.She was Married to my g.grandfather Jeremiah Drum,they had a son my grandfather name Estace Drum,
He married my grandmother Josephine Dona {Heslar} Drum.
I hope This lay's a Foundation dwn on why i'm responding to
you.My great's grandfather was Solomon Asbell Jr.who married Sarah Elizabeth Jernagan 25 aug 1784 in Bertie Co,
North Carolina she was born 1765 N.C. Her parent's name John&Elizabeth, Her father'name&mother's is unknown to me
it is been told that her mother was cherokee,this i have strong interest in.They had 10 children together.Well i have more but
i guess i better get this to you.Any help that you can put a light on this would be most appreciated.For my year' are going
fast,and im the only one that is doing this in the family and i'm
losing them now,my mother is one of 2 left and her health is
changing for the worst, and also i have to children Daughter&
Son i would like to leave them their heritage to pass on from gen.gen....Waddo cherokee for {thank you}

Later{like the wind}
Hawk

Re: Parents of Sarah JERNIGAN, Bertie, NC

Brian (View posts)
Posted: 4 May 2003 7:39PM GMT
Hi, Earl, I found a John in Bertie married to Elizabeth Gardner, but he died 1746, much too early to be Sarah's father. Could this be her grandfather?

Brian (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2003 1:36AM GMT
Greetings....
Brian thanks so much for your response.Yes John & Elizabeth
are her grandparents, I checked my message to you and I could see the confusion there sorry. What I was making
reference to was i do not have her parents name which is
one of the challenges i have here to go any further with this line, it has been kept over the years very low profile that her
mother was cherokee & father Irish or Scottish.She was married to my grandfather Solomon Asbell Jr. on 25 Aug 1784
in Bertie Co. N.C. Well i hope this will open another journey
for me to get closer to my family, this is real important to me so that i can pass this on to my children and keep this going
on. Thank You so much

Later {like the wind}
Dean aka Hawk

Posted: 26 Mar 2006 1:24AM GMT
I'm confused. Is this the same Sarah Jernigan who was married to John Holland?
Sorry to be so daft... still a rookie....

Re: JERNIGAN

Posted: 7 Apr 2006 6:09AM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2006 8:38PM GMT
Hi Earl Dean (aka Hawk),

The original posting by Yvonne Koller was on my behalf from way back when I was researching the AZBELL family of TX for my pal Buddy Azbell and his family. I finished this project three years ago.

Buddy's Azbell line has not yet been connected with your Azbell line. His 2 x g/grandfather is Thomas Jefferson Azbell born 17 Aug 1812; parents Solomon Azbell (or Asbill) and Cloey Lee Tippett who married about 1790. This Solomon was born in NC about 1760 and I've yet to uncover his parantage. Anyone with knowledge of this family, please get in touch.

However I am familular with your Azbell line which I looked at closely for clues and connections. I note that your 2 x g/grandparents, Starling Lindsay & Mary Catherine Asbell married in CALDWELL Kentucky, which is my surname. Neat eh!

I also have Mary's parents as Solomon Azbell & Sarah Elizabeth Jernigan, a possible daughter of an indian mother (no other information). My notes also have that her family were recorded in Henry Co, Alabama in 1830, but the source is now lost to this titbit. I also recall that some researchers on the Net have your Solomon mixed up with Buddy's Solomon and show Sarah E Azbell to be the mother of Thomas J Asbell, which is WRONG! I agree with you, Solomon & Sarah had 10 children. TJA was not one of them.

I have your Solomon Azbell's parents as Solomon Azbell snr (born about 1740) & Martha (surname unknown) married about 1765 at Perguimans, NC.

The main reason for getting in touch is that I note you want more information about the JERNIGAN line. You should therefore visit Maria Boots excellent Jernigan Geneanology Home Page at...

http://home.att.net/~mboots/Jernigan_Homepage/L.htm

Which records a mass of BMD data about this surname for 19C America.

Good luck,
Graham Caldwell
Melbourne AUS.

Re: Thomas Jefferson and John Preston Asbell

Posted: 25 Aug 2013 11:10PM GMT
Surnames: Asbell (Azbell)
Buddy's Azbell line has not yet been connected with your Azbell line. His 2 x g/grandfather is Thomas Jefferson Azbell born 17 Aug 1812; parents Solomon Azbell (or Asbill) and Cloey Lee Tippett who married about 1790. This Solomon was born in NC about 1760 and I've yet to uncover his parantage. Anyone with knowledge of this family, please get in touch.

the above is a quote from your response to Earl Dean below....I am interested in this same Thomas Jefferson and his especially his probable brother John Preston Asbell. I have John Preston born in TN in 1807, and Thomas Jefferson born in 1811 or 12 in TN. They both tell the 1880 censustaker (TJ was an older adult in TX; John P in TN/MS)

Re: Thomas Jefferson and John Preston Asbell

Posted: 25 Aug 2013 11:26PM GMT
Surnames: Asbell (Azbell)

the above is a quote from your response to Earl Dean below....I am interested in this same Thomas Jefferson and his especially his probable brother John Preston Asbell. I have John Preston born in TN in 1807, and Thomas Jefferson born in 1811 or 12 in TN. They both tell the 1880 censustaker (TJ was an older adult in TX; John P in TN/MS)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions