Search for content in message boards

CREEL HOPPER MO-ARK HOPPERS/ROBERTS

CREEL HOPPER MO-ARK HOPPERS/ROBERTS

Posted: 13 Apr 2000 8:03AM GMT
Edited: 28 Mar 2002 2:54PM GMT
I AM LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON CREEL HOPPER AND SARAH LAWS. WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THE LAWS FAMILY? CREEL HOPPERS SON LEANDER AND REBECCA YOUNGBLOOD HOPPER HAD A DAUGHTER NAMED BURMER ALMA HOPPER. BURMER MARRIED ALVIN SAMUEL ROBERTS IN BOONE COUNTY, ARK IN 1915. LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON THE ROBERTS FAMILY. BUCK AND MELVINA WALKER ROBERTS. WE ARE LOOKING FOR CONFIRMATION OF CHEROKEE INDIAN BLOODLINES IN THE YOUNGBLOOD, HOPPER, FANNING, LAWS, WALKER AND ROBERTS FAMILIES. CAN YOU PROVE IT? THANK YOU FOR READING MY MESSAGE! YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT dogs@midusa.net

Hopper, Youngblood, Roberts

Posted: 28 Dec 2000 5:42PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2003 3:15PM GMT
my email has changed to dogs@peoplestelecom.net

Re: Hopper, Youngblood, Roberts

Posted: 31 Jul 2001 6:11AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jan 2002 4:35AM GMT
Surnames: Thomason, Killman, Hopper
Hi, unfortunately I can't help you with your Hopper Cherokee connection, but I am very interested in your link to Creel Hopper. My ggg grandparents, Henry and Susan Killman, were Creel's aunt and uncle. Henry & Susan's son, Stephen Alford Killman, tried, but failed, to obtain Cherokee Membership through his father's paternal grandmother in 1906. Susan's maiden name was Hopper. Her parents were Stephen and ?Releafie? Hopper. How are you related? Looking forward to hearing from you, and sharing information!
Kathleen

marianne (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2001 12:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hopper, Youngblood, Roberts, Green
my husband is a great great grandson of Creel Hopper. His son Leander is my husbands great grandfather. How are the Killman's related? thanks!

Posted: 31 Jul 2001 2:40PM GMT
Hi again! Henry Killman, son of Leven & Polly Killman of Overton Co. TN., married Susan Hopper around 1852. Henry and Susan then moved to Monroe Co. KY. They can be found on the 1860 & 1870 KY census. Their children were: Stephen Alford b. 1853, Edney Virginia Jane b. 1855 (who was my gg grandmother), Mary A. b. 1857and William b.1870. This whole family moved to Mincy, Taney Co. MO. where Edna married John Thomason abt 1872 and Stephen married Nancy Watson. They were "all" listed on the 1880 MO. census, and were "all" members of the "Mincy Valley Baptist Church of Christ" of which Creel Hopper was the ordained Minister. I don't have a lot of information on the Hopper's, but Susan's parents were suppose to have been, Stephen and Releafie ?. I know that Icyphenia's father was Stephen, but I believe that her mother was called Bethenia. I'm wondering if the name "Releafie" might just have been a nick-name? Would you have any information that might help me clear that up? I had always heard that there were some "Youngbloods or Bloodworthies ??? in our family, so that did not come as any surprise. However, until I started researching, I had never heard of the Hoppers! Looking forward to hearing from you.
Kathleen

marianne (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2001 5:54PM GMT
Surnames: Hopper, Youngblood, Roberts, Green
Well I am not the person to talk to about the Hoppers and I will email you some names who are more into the Hopper research than I am. Hope you find the answers. Your email address is current here isn't it?

Posted: 31 Jul 2001 10:36PM GMT
Hi again! Yes my email is current. Thanks for any Hopper leads that you can provide. I really do appreciate it!
PS: My Thomason's were in Hall Co. GA. then some moved on to Boone Co. Arkansas...then several settled in Taney Co. MO.
Sincerely,
Kathleen

Posted: 14 Aug 2001 12:31AM GMT
Edited: 19 Jun 2002 11:53PM GMT
Surnames: Hopper, Killman, Wattson
Creel Hopper was my g grandfather. I have researched the Hopper family for 20 years and had never made the Killman/Hopper connection but your info sure makes sense. There was a Lewis/Louis Killman who lived around Enon, Omaha, Ridgedale areas in the 1920 or so and was a preacher. He married May Powell probably in OK. They had about 12 or so kids. They moved to Butterfield, MO. In a letter written by Creel Hopper dated 4 July 1885 to his daughter states "Uncle Thom and Aunt Edna Wattson has parted and I guess for life ...etc. Who is this?? I have more info. Please email me at silversp@cswnet.com

LaVerne (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 2002 7:02PM GMT
I am the GGgranddaughter of Mary Hopper, daughter of Stephen A. Hopper, wife of Zachary Taylor Harvey whom she had five sons with. Her brothers were William who went to Erath Co., Texas in 1877 from Adair Co., Kentucky, he was a preacher, had three children, his oldest son was a preacher also; Harrison who died in 1885, he had five children and they still lived in Adair Co., Ky in 1893; Maradia who in 1893 was still living in Adair Co., KY., he had eight children all boys but one. Manerva who died in 1890 in Illinois, she had five daughters who lived in Christian Co., IL. Taylorville was their postoffice. Thomas, called Tom, moved to Indiana, his oldest son became a preacher, and the man that married his youngest daughter was a preacher, too. Marcia lived in Columbia Co., KY. S.A or Stephen lived in Gradyville, Adair co., KY and was the writer of the letter. All this information was take from a letter written by S.A. Hopper to his nephew Creel Hopper, son of Isophenia, dated Feb. 1893 and provided to me by Creel's great granddaughter, Vineta Terherst Wingate. If you would like more she would be the one able to provide it. She's a very nice person.

Marianne (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 2002 7:32PM GMT
yes thank you I have been in touch with her.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic