Search for content in message boards

Konrad Johan Arnesen, A sailor at the greate lakes

Konrad Johan Arnesen, A sailor at the greate lakes

Posted: 6 Apr 2012 11:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Arnesen
Konrad Johan Arnesen was born in 1904 i Norway. He arrived in 1920 as an able bodied seamen at Norwegisn Amarican line.
In the 1920ies he got married in Norway and had two sons and a wife left in Norway when he arrived in May 1930.

The information is that he then worked at the ships traweling at the greate lakes. After 1935 the family in Norway never heard from him again.
He should have passed away in 1943.

If anyone know anything about this man, dont hesitate to reply.

Regards Roald Sjursen

Re: Konrad Johan Arnesen, A sailor at the greate lakes

Posted: 7 Apr 2012 12:25AM GMT
What is your source for him dying in 1943? Were there letters back and forth until 1935?
The 1930 passenger record said he was going to his uncle Ludvig Larsen in Brooklyn New York. Do you know anything further about him, that might help locate Konrad?

The 1940 census images were just released, but are not yet indexed. When they are, it will help to do a search to see where he was in that year.

Posted: 14 Apr 2012 6:32PM GMT
Hello
Thanks for replaying. My source are some Norwegian books. The books are about people from the place Romslo in Hordaland Norway, where Konrad Johan left wife and two sons. I do not know about any letter, but I'm sure ther must have been at least some.

Konrad Johan never returned to Norway.
Your information about he was going to his uncle was new to me. I have found some information about his arrival in 1930.
I have just the New York Passenger Lists for April 30th 1930 with SS Bergensfjord.

My reason for this Query are helping a friensd with reaserching for a book about the Emigrations from this area Romslo. I'm doing this reaserch for free.

If you have more information about Konrad Johan don't hesitat to reply again.
Regards Roald

Posted: 3 Sep 2012 7:28PM GMT
All information from Konrad to his family in Norway was just money transfered through the mail system.

Later the family got a letter explaining that Konrad died in December 1943 at King County hospital in New York.

Does anyone know how to look for a graveyard where he might be burried. Konrad had an uncle living in the same area, but Konrads son do not know anything of them.

Posted: 3 Sep 2012 8:04PM GMT
TRY - Find a grave – FREE SITE - volunteer site all states; frequently has headstone pic
DO NOT SEARCH FOR A MARRIED WOMAN USING HER MAIDEN NAME.

http://www.worldvitalrecords.com/

Try Vital Records – Birth, Marriage, & Death, Social Security Info. – FREE ALL STATES
http://search.labs.familysearch.org/

Posted: 4 Sep 2012 2:01AM GMT
Here is the index listing Konrad's death in New York City, Kings County, on December 18, 1943. You can order the death record, but last time I got one it was $22.00. I would suggest you put a query on the Kings County board, and ask if someone can either look up the death, or can suggest cemeteries to search.
Here is the link to the board
http://boards.ancestry.com/localities.northam.usa.states.new...

Posted: 4 Sep 2012 11:11AM GMT
Thank you very much both of you. The date of dead was not known, so that was a huge step forward.
I have tried Find A Grave, but was not able to locate him there (probably not registered yet...)

I'l try the hospital.
Regards Roald
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions