Search for content in message boards

McCoy Family of Rockbridge VA

McCoy Family of Rockbridge VA

Posted: 13 Jul 2003 4:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Jul 2003 10:07AM GMT
Surnames: McCoy, Cleghorn, Willson
These are McCoys who were from Rockbridge,Va or Highland County, Ohio. Archibald ( I claim him as a sibling for the good reason that he owned land in Rockbridge, Va. and paid a tithe in 1782 and he was listed by the Archives as my line. In year 1783 Edmund was born................Mary McCoy who married Robert Cleghorn (no other info)...I claim her because on their marriage license she had George Willson sign as a bond. This is difficult to understand. George Willson was the father-in-law of my Edmund McCoy. I still don't understand why George Willson signed but he did and I think this is enough to tie her as a sister to Edmund's father William..............................Thomas, Sr. who was born 10-28-1756 and died 3-17-1818 ......from a bible record by Ann.....'...........................John born 2-05-1752 married a Lois as he signed the wedding certificates for his sons Arthur and Daniel;........William born c1755 (between 1750-1760) my line.........James 2-19-1760......from Ann......Andrew 12-19-1761 and Elinor 3-05-1766 both given to me by Ann in 2001. (a doument that I had misplace for the past two years) Her e-mail is no longer valid. These were bible records. John, Thomas and William, Sr. were on the Rockbridge,Va 1810 census on page 400. Marriage for Mary was in the Rockbridge Marriage book. Ann had the family bible which she had and so the dates are not to be disputed for Thomas, Sr. John, James, Andrew and Elinor. If Ann is still in the area I would appreciate hearing from her. By the way, they came from Maryland. I have a deed from John thanking Thomas for bringing him and his family to Rockbridge,Va. Thomas, Jr was born in Maryland in 1777. So I have a family that I believe includes: Archibald, Thomas, John, William, James, Mary, Andrew, Elinor and probably others. I would appreciate hearing from any of you who could tell me the name of the parents. They probably married c1750 and born c1725. Thank you. Ann.

Re: McCoy Family of Rockbridge VA

Posted: 8 Jan 2012 7:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Don't know if you are still actively doing genealogy but would like you to know that I am in the John and Arthur McCoy line.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic