Search for content in message boards

Alexander Beavers

Alexander Beavers

Shirley Beavers Penland (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2004 6:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have recently found this info:

Alexander Beavers rec'd lease for life from John Augustine Washington on 20 Jul 1776 in Loudoun County Va. Also for the lives of sons, Moses Beavers and Abraham Beavers. Witnesses were: John West, Joseph Hutchinson, William Moore, E. Snickers, Thomas Lewellen, Richard Grubbs, Jeremiah Sanford.

Is it possible that this was recorded in Loudoun County but the land leased was somewhere else??? I know Alexander didn't stay in Loudoun County and sons Moses or Abraham didn't either..

Can anyone shed any light on this??? It surely would be appreciated...Thank You ...Shirley

Re: Alexander Beavers

Pat Duncan (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2004 7:46PM GMT
The land would have been in Loudoun and not some other county.

Pat Duncan
p.duncan@worldnet.att.net

Posted: 1 Jul 2005 6:50PM GMT
Edited: 3 Mar 2006 2:38AM GMT
Do you have any additional information on Abraham Beavers?

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 5:20PM GMT
I am looking for any information on the Beavers of Prince William Co and Loudaoun Co Virgini

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 9:39PM GMT
You need to be a little more specific than just the surname.

Is there a specific family that you are interested in? You need to give full names, known or approximate dates, and any other information that you already know that would give a starting point for checking references.

The more you narrow down your objective, the better chance you have of receiving meaningful information.

Pat Duncan
GenNutLdn@msn.com

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 5:30AM GMT
Yes mam
I know are family is part of the Robert Bever family
Robert was born in 1727 Hewas the son of John and Elizabeth Suter. He died in 1774, In hifs well he leaves monies to his brother Alex and his brothers sonsl He also leaves money to George son of Joseph.
My grandgathers father Alexander married my grandgathers mother Pheobe Ramsburg in Aug 1775. He said he was born in Prince William Co Va...He said the both were widows
Alec I beieve married Maria Arrington in Dc in 1834. I thing his family died durning the civil war, and he returned to Va and remarried Pheobe Ramsburg
The last link who is Alexanders father born sometime around 1806 till 1817

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 2:16PM GMT
Thanks for the additional information to help clarify the family you seek.

You state Robert (b. 1727 d. 1774) left money to his brother Alexander in his will probated in an unstated county. I assume that the Alexander you state married Pheobe Ramsburg in Aug 1775 is the brother mentioned in the will. But then you stated Alec married Maria in 1834 (there is a marriage record in DC for an Alexander Bever marrying a Maria Arrington on 1 Oct 1834) and after her death in the 1860's remarried Pheobe Ramsburg.

But if Alexander originally married Pheobe in 1775, and he was the brother of someone who was born in 1727, wouldn't Alexander have been in his 40's or so at the time of that marriage. How could he have then married Pheobe in 1775, married Maria in 1834 and remarried Pheobe in the 1860's? He and Pheobe would have been over 100 years old in the 1860's. Where did the remarriage of Pheobe and Alexander occur? Is there a marriage record for this?

Pat Duncan
GenNutLdn@msn.com

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 4:07PM GMT
Alex says he was born in Prince William Co. between 1806
and 1812. I need to know who is his father.
Alex married Marie in 1834 DC moved to Ohio
married Pheobe 1875 recorded Jefferson Co Wv in 1875 Both said they were widowed.
I need to know who is Alex father
Last piece of tile

Sorry
Julie

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 4:26PM GMT
Okay. It was unfortunate that the Jefferson Co marriage record only listed the place of birth and not the parents.

I would suggest that you look at the Prince William County Personal Property Tax Lists for the early 1800's. Those should tell you which Beavers are living there at the time. I have not seen those lists, but if you are lucky and the enumerators listed the names of all the tithable males in the household, Alexander would appear in his father's household after he was 16 years old, assuming he grew up there. Most counties, however, did not name all the tithables. Those lists are available through the Inter-library Loan department of the Library of Virginia and can be borrowed through your local public library.

Pr Wm Co Reel 288: 1782-1810 Personal Property Tax Lists
Pr Wm Co Reel 289: 1811-1832 Personal Property Tax Lists

Pat Duncan
GenNutLdn@msn.com

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 4:33PM GMT
Thanks
I will give that a try
per page

Find a board about a specific topic