Search for content in message boards

MOORE, PLEASANT - Butler Madison CO's

MOORE, PLEASANT - Butler Madison CO's

Posted: 25 Feb 2001 10:24PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 10:05PM GMT
Seeking info on Pleasant & Aeline Moore who were on the 1850 Madison CO census. They had children; Mary I., Jasper, Newton, Partina, Nancy, John, & Burton. Sometime after 1850 some of the family went to Butler CO. I believe this family is related to my Wm. Henry & Elizabeth Clayton Moore family. Would like to receive any info - thanks.

Re: MOORE, PLEASANT - Butler Madison CO's

Posted: 20 May 2002 9:51PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jun 2002 5:03PM GMT
WOULD YOU MIND TELLING ME IF YOU CAN WHO NAMED YOU LEATHA.I'M LOOKING FOR MY AUNT VIOLET.I HAVE SOME REAL GOOD LEADS. I BELIEVE SHE IS STILL ALIVE AND RESIDES IN KEWANEE,IL. JUST FOUND OUT HER MIDDLE NAME, AND IT IS LEATHA.

Posted: 26 May 2002 4:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Oct 2002 4:06AM GMT
Sorry I didn't answer sooner but have been on a trip. I have no idea how I came to have "Letha" for my name. My parents never told me where the name came from. My dad was from Missouri & mother was from Washington. I have only come across my name a very few times. Good luck in your search of your Aunt Violet.

Posted: 3 Oct 2012 10:56PM GMT
Surnames: Moore
In response to the previous query from widowone from 2001, I have information on the Pleasant and Adeline Moore family if you see this and want to respond. However, this doesn't sound like it matches your William Henry Moore. Their son William Henry Burton Moore was married to Marian Caroline Lacks, and they lived in Butler County, Missouri, before moving to Oklahoma. He died after 1920.

Dolores Shearon

Posted: 6 Oct 2012 12:50AM GMT
I am convinced Pleasant Moore is in my Moore family. My g-gfather, William Henry Moore had a son Harvey who married Emma Frances Hopkins. They married at Blackriver Twp. on September 14, 1893 at the home of W.H.Burt Moore, son of Pleasant Moore, . I believe Emma's mother was the Nancy C. Moore who was Burt Moore's sister. Emma's father was Walker Hopkins who died in 1880.

I had a hard time getting to post so hope this gets to you. I would love to have further information on Pleasant Moore and his family. Thank you.

Posted: 8 Oct 2012 8:38PM GMT
Surnames: Moore
Your post came through just fine. We've corresponded before when I still lived in Missouri, but it's been a few years and I now live in Nebraska.

I remember your attempts to connect Nancy Moore and Emma Frances Hopkins but didn't recall the latter marrying a Moore as well as being descended from a Moore. Do you think William Henry Moore might be related to W.H.B. or Pleasant Moore, making Emma and Harvey cousins of some degree?

I can e-mail you more info or post it in this forum in case anyone else is interested in this family. Please let me know how you'd like to communicate.

Dolores Shearon

Posted: 10 Oct 2012 4:32PM GMT
Surnames: MOORE
The way I connect W.H.Burt Moore to my family is because I believe him to be a brother to Nancy C. Moore who married Walker Hopkins. She would be my great-grandmother. It gets complicated because her maiden name was Moore and she married Walker Hopkins and their daughter Emma Frances Hopkins married my grandfather Harvey Moore. Harvey's father was William Henry Moore, who I'm sure wasn't related to W.H.Burt Moore.

I remember our contact from several years ago. I'd really like to solve this and would appreciate any more info you may have about this matter. How do you connect to W.H.Burt Moore ?

Posted: 12 Oct 2012 9:20PM GMT
I'm descended from Burt Moore's sister, Parthenia Elizabeth Moore. They did have a sister named Nancy, but I've never seen any documentation about her except from you. Have you ever found a marriage record for Nancy Moore and Walter Hopkins? I've never found them together on any documents, just the 1870 census where Nancy is a widow with the two children.

Posted: 13 Oct 2012 12:28AM GMT
I don't have proof that my great-grandmother, Nancy C. is Parthenia's sister - but some documents I have do seem to connect them. The census you mentioned was the 1880 one with Nancy C. Hopkins being a widow with two children. It shows her age as 35 yrs. old which would give her birth year at or near 1845. The Madison CO MO census of Pleasant Moore's daughter Nancy showed age 5 yrs.

After Walker (not Walter) Hopkins died in Feb. 1880, Nancy married John Gooch that same year. She died in 1886 and record shows she was buried at Hamtown Cemetery (same place as Pleasant Moore). Various records have his name as Plaze, Pless and Pleasant.

I have a copy of a picture of Fred Moore given to Emma Moore and he looks to be about 14 yrs old. On the 1900 Butler CO MO census I see that Burt had a son named Frederick who was 12 yrs. old at that time.

As I said before, Harvey Moore and Emma Frances Hopkins married at the home of W. H. B. Moore at Blackriver Twp. in Butler CO - so I believe there is a definite relationship with Pleasant Moore family and "my" Nancy C.

Some surnames I have found on family documentation are: Sliger, Metcalfe, Epps, Jonas. Are any of these "yours"?

It is not helpful to find various spellings of names. I've found a marriage recorded between Parthena E. Moore and James C. Thomas, birth register showing Parthenia E. Moore Epps, and Partina Moore on the 1850 Madison CO MO census.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions