Search for content in message boards

Stoskopf

Posted: 27 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Feb 2002 8:12PM GMT
Surnames: Stoskopf
My great-grandfather was born in Sebringville, Ellis Township, Perth County in 1888. I am looking for information about his parents. They owned a shoe store in this town. I am also looking for information about two towns: Seebachs Hill, and Lavistock. I cannot find a record of them anywhere, but suspect they are in Perth County. If anyone has any information about any of this, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Posted: 28 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Stoskopf
Thanks for the infomation, I'm sure there is a link between my great-grandfather and these people. He was born in the same year, 1888. If you have access to more information, I'd like to know if you have more information on Michael Stoskopf, if he had any sons, or any other brothers. Do you know if Michael and Goerge were brothers? Anything would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Stoskopf

George Pauli (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Seebach's Hill is a slight elevation on the road between Mitchell and Stratford, on the Mitchell side of Sebringville. I have selected pages of records from First St. John's Lutheran Church on Seebach's Hill.
Johannes Constantin Stoszkopf (spelling in written record; z was not on parents gravestone) was born February 22, 1888, son of Adam Stoszkopf (11/1/55-4/22/1926) and his wife, the former Marianna Seebach (died 12/23/1921 at 60yr,1 mo, 29 days). He was baptized April 15, 1888, with Michael Stoszkopf and Caroline (born Arbogast) as Godparents.
Posted: 29 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 May 2002 4:01AM GMT
Surnames: PFRIMMER, STOSKOPF, GOETTLER
Julie, I have two Stoskopf connections in my wife's family tree.
1. Eve Stoskopf married Valentine Pfrimmer b. Sept. 26, 1826 Eckwershiem, Alsace, France. They had three children that I know of David, Margaret b. 1858 Sebringville, and Jacob (m. Anna Brunner).

2. Louis Goettler b. 1862 Ellice township m. Caroline Stoskopf b. ???? Louis was the s/o Anthony Goettler b. 1811 France d. Dec. 6, 1878 Sebringville, and Margaret Bald b. Dec. 1823 France d. April 3, 1885 Sebringville (m. 1838).

Re: Stoskopf

Posted: 20 Jul 2001 1:15AM GMT
Surnames: stoskopf
Hi Jeff, It seems now after much research, both of these Stoskopfs are closely related,my gggreat grandfather was Theobald Stoskopf, Eva's brother, and I think Caroline's father. Thanks again.

Posted: 4 May 2002 5:30AM GMT
I have several "Georges" and "Michaels" in my GEDCOM, can you give me more information. I might be able to help.

Posted: 4 May 2002 5:46AM GMT
Jeff, thank you for the information on Eve. It was great to fill in a bit more. I have a question on Caroline. Is her father Theobold the son of Michael and Eva (Kohl)? If so, do you have Theobold being the grandson of Johann Adam (married 3 times?)

Julie Beattie (View posts)
Posted: 4 May 2002 1:10PM GMT
I have Caroline, age 11, listed on the 1871 census as the daughter of Theobold and Christina. I think we are talking about the same family, Theobald was the son of Michael and Eva Kohl, and Michael's dad was Johann- married three times.

Posted: 4 May 2002 4:17PM GMT
Thanks Julie, as before, you have been very helpful.

Re: Stoskopf / Seebach

Louise (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2003 9:02PM GMT
Surnames: SEEBACH
Hello George:

Do you happen to know the names of Marianna Seebach's parents? I am researching the Seebach family of Seebach's Hill and would appreciate another twig to add to the tree. Any assistance appreciated.
Louise
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions