Search for content in message boards

Burris family in Adair County, KY

Burris family in Adair County, KY

cindy white (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2000 7:51PM GMT
My maiden was Burris. My father's family is from Adair Co., KY. He believes that my grandfather, Claud Burris was born in Milltown, KY near Columbia. He was born in 1907 and his father abandoned the family when he was a young boy. My father does not know his grandfather's first name. However, his grandmother was Mary Jane. On her tombstone her last name is misspelled -- Buris. She died about 1939 and is buried in the cemetary across from Lindsey Wilson College in Columbia. If you have any information on this branch of the Burris family, including my great-grandfather's name please write to me.

Milltown Ky. Burris Family

MaDonna (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 2000 2:40PM GMT
Cindy,
My Great Grandmother was Mint Burris. She was born in 1864 Milltown,Ky. On Her death record it list her parents as Henry Burris and Mary or Polly Burris.
Do you think your Claud Burris is her brother??
Please email personally if you like. I rarely come to the message boards.
Let me know what you think,
MaDonna

Burris family at Milltown, Kentucky

Cindy (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2000 8:42AM GMT
MaDonna,

My grandfather was not born until 1907. It is possible that he was the son of one of Mint's siblings. The timing would be about right.

Do you live in the area? I have wanted to visit the courthouse at Adair County but have not made it there. If you have any other information I would love to hear from you.

I do not know what my great-grandfather's name was. He abandoned the family when Claud was just a little boy. My great-grandmother's name was Mary Jane. She died in the 1930's. She is buried in the cemetary in Columbia and my father said her last name is misspelled on the tombstone. Any information that you can supply would be greatly appreciated.

Burris'

MaDonna Roberts (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2000 8:54AM GMT
Cindy,
I am the list Mom for the Burris surname at roots web. Why don't you join and post your info there? Someone might be able to help you more than me.
Sorry I don't know any of my Great Grandmother's siblings.
MaDonna

p.s. Burris-L-request@rootsweb.com
only put subscribe in the body of the
message.

Burris-List

MaDonna Roberts (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2000 9:13AM GMT
Cindy,
I did write the Burris list and ask if anyone had info on Claud Burris.
Maybe someone will know of him.
MaDonna
Posted: 19 Sep 2000 12:14PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jul 2001 1:55AM GMT
There is a Claud Burris in my family line.
His parents are Turner and Ella Burris...they
are my great great grand parents...i believe
they are from the Arkansas, Alabama and Oklahoma area...Most of my info. is at home. Not sure if this could be the same one.

Re: Burris family at Milltown, Kentucky

Reita Burress (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2004 12:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Burriss
My husband's grandfather was George Burriss born 1883 in Adair Co., KY. He married Mary Margaret Rollins in 1920 Taylor Co., KY. They were both older. He was said in the family that he was wild when he was young. I have picture of him and a lady that looks like a marriage picture. I thought it was my him and Mary Margaret but found it wasn't. I had heard from another family member he might have been married before. I wonder if we could have a connection. Do you have a picture of your grandmother when she was young?

Re: Milltown Ky. Burris Family

thomas a burris (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2006 3:35AM GMT
Mary (Polly) Burris's maiden name was Gray. She was my GGGrandmother.

Re: Milltown Ky. Burris Family

Thomas Burris (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2006 3:43AM GMT
MaDonna, do you have any other info on this Burress Family?

Re: Burris family in Adair County, KY

Posted: 16 Sep 2010 11:18PM GMT
Hey Cindy, its your cousin Hope (Gail's daughter!)!. I've been trying to know about Grandpa Burris's also. Did not know you were researching your ancestry too. Very cool!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic