Search for content in message boards

Henry Weiser of Germany

Henry Weiser of Germany

Lois Hobbins Mitchell (View posts)
Posted: 5 Dec 2004 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WEISER/LITTLE/KIRK/SNOWDEN/HOBBINS
My mother's maiden name is Weiser. I have found, contrary to family lore, that we are not descendants of the famous Conrad Weiser. But are descendants of one Henry Weiser born in Bishopric of Worms, Germany (est. 1668-1697) and Sybylla ?, also of Germany. My line comes from:
David (b.abt.1719 in Ger)m.Catherine (widow of HenryThomas)
David (b. 1747/48 in PA) m. Maria DeTurk
Abraham (b.1775 in PA) m. Sarah Scheuck
Moses (b.1811 in PA) m. Catherine S. Shenk
George Washington (b. 1841 in PA) m. Ida Matilda Lamison Elwood Lamison (b. 1871 in PA) m. Lousia Virginia Little
Elwood Lamison,aka George Henry, (b. 1895 in PA) m.
Gertrude Louise Kirk
and my mother Elsie (b.1924) m. James Francis Hobbins.

Elwood Lamison (b.1871) was born in Philadelphia, PA. The ones before him (after the first David) were born around Oley, PA. Please note that Elwood Lamison (b. 1895) didn't know that George Henry wasn't his birth name until 1942 when he applied for a birth certifcate. He had always been called George Henry. Even his mother thought he was George Henry, named him after her father. The next child was also named Elwood lamison (b. 1901) but he was known as that.

Does anyone out there know if there is any familial connection between the two Weiser lines? I do find the surname LeVan/ Levan, and others connected to me, that are also found when I look at the Weiser- Feg descendants. I have a neurological and arthritic condition that makes using the computer an arduous task at best. So any outside help I can get that points me in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any and all help. Happy holidays! ~
Lois Hobbins Mitchell

Re: Henry Weiser of Germany ~ correction

Posted: 6 Dec 2004 12:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WEISER/LITTLE/KIRK/SNOWDEN/HOBBINS
Sorry ~I should have read my own notes closer. Great-g- grandfather George Washington Weiser (b. 1841) was born in Berks Co., in or near Oley,PA and his son, my great-grandfather Elwood Lamison Weiser (b. 1871) is listed with his parents George and Ida Matilda Weiser on the 1880 PA Census as living in the Village of Donaldson, Frailey, Schuylkill County, PA. 1880 PA Census gives my g-grandfather's place of birth as Minersville, Schuykill Co., PA. My grandfather, George Henry (given name Elwood Lamison) as the first born in Philadelphia, PA.
thank you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions