Search for content in message boards

Coopers of Logan County

Coopers of Logan County

Elizabeth Reynolds (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2003 2:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cooper, Browning, Lawson
I am looking for information on my great great grandparents Marshall Valentine "Tine" Cooper (abt. 1830-?) and Mary Frances Browning (1852-1915). They were married in Russelville in 1873. The marriage certificate states that both were born in Logan County. At the time of the marriage, Marshall Valentine Cooper was 43. I have looked through the Logan County Census from the 1800's and have not found any record of him or his family. They had at least two children, Wilber Frances Cooper (1876-1961) and Marshall Wade Cooper (1886-1962). Marshall Valentine Cooper died and Mary Frances Browning remarried to R.L. Lawson in 1891. Mary Frances Browning is buried in the Marshall Cemetery in Logan County. I am not sure when Marshall Valentine Cooper died or where he is buried. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Coopers of Logan County

Sue Crawford (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2003 4:11PM GMT
Checking the LOGAN COUNTY, KENTUCKY CEMETERIES
book 2000 edition, published by the Logan County, Kentucky
Genealogical Society, Inc.:

Page # 69, Maple Grove Cemetery, Russellvile, Logan County, KY;

COOPER, Martha Sue, 4 May 1874 - 10 Nov 1945
COOPER, Valentine M., 18 Feb 1869 - 23 May 1925

There is also on page # 19; Maple Grove Cemetery, Russellville, Logan County, KY;

LAWSON, Robert L., 1862 - 1922

I don't find any listing for either Wilber Frances Cooper or Marshall Wade Cooper.

Re: Coopers of Logan County

Posted: 9 Dec 2003 2:07AM GMT
Marshall Valentine(tine) Cooper was my great grandfather.
I believe his brother was George W. Cooper born in 1828.
According to 1880 census George's father (unnamed was from Va (which included WVa at the time). I have not been able to determine who the father was (Jonas is a possibility but doesn't add up). Jonas's father was Valentine Cooper from Hardy County Va born in 1765. Can't quite make the connection......have you learned any more ??
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions