Search for content in message boards

Collins Family in KY.

Collins Family in KY.

Tabitha (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
My gg-grandparents were Jacob "Jake" Collins and Florence Goodin. They can be found in the 1910 Bell CO.,KY. Census. Jake was age 24 and Florence was age 17 in the 1910 Bell CO.,KY. Census. Florence was born in Bell CO.,KY. But Jake was not. Can anyone tell me his parents. I saw on a website that pointed to Floyd CO.,KY. that there was a Jacob/Jake Collins who was the son of a Silvester Collins and Sarah Ellen Tompson. Then that Silvester was son of John Collins and Emaline Jane Gobble. And Emaline was the daughter of a Jacob Gobble. I tried to e-mail the informant but i don't belive she has the same e-mail address. The e-mail keeps getting sent back. Does any one know this family? Does any one know if this might be my Jake Collins?

Collins

Tabitha (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Ok, Thanks i don't have access to Floyd CO.,KY. Census. Jake should be listed in the 1900 Census with his parents but i been unable to find him. There was no 1890 census was there. Thank-you.

Jacob Collins

Posted: 29 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2001 10:17PM GMT
Surnames: Hunt, Collins, Burchett, Scalf, Stratton, James, Dotson
Tabitha, Silvester Collins and Sarah Ellen Thompson were married 9/2/1880 so they may have a son named Jacob. Look into the Floyd county 1890 census and see if they listed a son named Jacob. Jacob B. Collins and Mary Pricey Justice were my GGgrandparents.
Tom Hunt
Atlanta

Re: Jacob Collins

Posted: 20 Jul 2001 2:32AM GMT
Edited: 20 Dec 2002 12:31AM GMT
Who was the parents of Jacob Collins? Was there any connection to Meredith Collins? I also would like to know the children of Jacob and Pricy.

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 4:53AM GMT
Surnames: Collins, Goble, Justice, James, Jackson, etc
Jacob and Pricy had several children. If you email me direct at rphenson_37@yahoo.com I will send you a pedigree chart for this family. They are my great grandparents. Jacob is son of John and Emaline Jayne Goble Collins, John is son of Rhese Collins.
Ruby Collins Henson

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 3:09PM GMT
Thanks for responding. I am researching for a book of East Ky Blackburns and Pricy is a descendant. Do you know what happened to her brother Hudson Justice? Is there any questions that I can help you with? Send your response to curblack@aol.com

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 11:43PM GMT
hudson justice was my g-grandmother's brother.mary pricy justice collins. jacob b. collins and mary son george collins was my grandfather he married eva spears she was the da. of francis marion spears and ellender ellen jervis.their da my mother was laura collins goble.hudson justice married margrett layne in 1880 in folyd co ky. she was the da ofsarah salley layne.she later married george blackburn. i can,t find anything else on him he may have died.william justice died march the 19th 1878 from a liver illness he contracted while in the union army. he is buried in the goble collins cemetary on buffalo fork of johns creek in floyd co. ky. mary ann blackburn justice died before the 6th of may 1897 in floyd co.that is when she dropped from the widows pension rolls.

Re: Collins Family in KY.

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 11:56PM GMT
my great g-father was jacob b. collins he was the son of john collins and emily jane gobble. he married mary pricy justice. jacob died in june 1920. jacob jake collins was the son of silvester collins and sara thompson. jacob b. and jacob jake collins were 1st cousions. jacob jake collins married betty hurd. jacob jake collins was killed on johns creek in floyd co. ky in 1927.

Re: Collins Family in KY.

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 12:18AM GMT
i should have said jacob jake collins was jacob b. collins nephew.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions