Search for content in message boards

Family of Benjamin Hill & Sarah Brayer of Rehoboth

Family of Benjamin Hill & Sarah Brayer of Rehoboth

Sharon Palm (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2002 10:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Feb 2002 4:52AM GMT
Surnames: HILL, BRAYER
I'm searching for the family of Benjamin Hill and Sarah Brayer. Benjamin was born about 1762 in Rehoboth and married Sarah Brayer 1788 in Rehoboth.

Re: Family of Benjamin Hill & Sarah Brayer of Rehoboth

Posted: 29 May 2002 10:27PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2002 11:07PM GMT
Surnames: Hill, Hills, Bryan
Greetings cousin(?):
I have ancestors as follows: JosephHills, who begat sam,who begat sam,who begat benjamin,who begat david, who begat benjamin on 9/10/1768 who married Sarah Bryan on 11/15/88 in Rehoboth, Mass. Ben died in 1841 and Sarah in 1832. They had 8 children, one of whom is in my direct line, another Benjamin, then another Benjamin, then my grandfather Frank Ray. So .... shall we chat? I have a rather large hole in my knowledge about the Rehoboth years where my Hills spent over 100 years, before moving to upstate NY.

Sharon Palm (View posts)
Posted: 30 May 2002 8:20PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2002 11:06PM GMT
Surnames: Hill, Brayer, Allen
Hello Bill,
I can't tell you anything about the Rehoboth years. I'm still trying to find more about Benjamin and Sarah. I am descended from Anna, b.1805. I believe she was the daughter of Benjamin and Sarah and was born in New Berlin, Chenango county, NY. Anna married Henry Allen and they lived in Ontario, Wayne county, NY. Can you tell me the names of the eight children Benjamin had? There were several Hill families living in Wayne county and I would like to know the relationship. Anna received land from Welcome Hill. Did your Benjamin live in Macedon? I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Sharon Palm

billybobhill (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2002 12:16AM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2002 11:05PM GMT
Surnames: Hill
Dear Sharon: You are my cousin however many removed. I had a chart about cousins but very confusing. Anyway you have given me new info. re: Anna born in New Berlin. I have letters from Ben and Sarah's son Benajmin that mentions his son and his wife's mother who are buried in Lodi, some miles west of New Berlin. This Benjamin ends up in Newark and Walworth in Wayne county in the 1850's and 1860's and maybe before. I'm so excited that I have almost forgotten to answer your question. Here's the answer: Benjamin and Sarah had eight children, Sally b.l790,Lydia b.1793, Welcome b.1797, Mary b.1799,Levi b. 1801, Benjamin b.1802(my direct descendant), Anna b.4/23/1805 ( your ancestor), and Aurelia b.1808. Ain't this fun. My e-mail is billhill@webaccess.net if you wnat to e-mail directly. Goodbye cousin, Bill

Posted: 18 Oct 2002 7:42AM GMT
Hi! Browsing thru the Hill in Chenango County message boards, and came across yours....my Hill family is from New Berlin and surrounding areas(Sherborne,etc.)...my third great grandfather was Abner Hill who was living in New Berlin during the 1850 census. Abner's father I have as a Job Hill...his father was a Matthew Hill......since New Berlin is very small, thought I'd give it a try and see if we match up! Thanks in advance for responding!! Teri Hill Ostrelich tlo4855@msn.com
P.S. my brother is going up to that area next week for a few days of genealogy research....will be happy to pass on any info we get!

Sharon Palm (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2002 9:35PM GMT
Surnames: Hill
Hi,
At this time I don't have an Abner or Matthew in my Hill family. To the best of my knowledge, the father of Benjamin was David Hill and they originally came from Rehoboth, MA. Some of Benjamin's children were born in New Berlin and I don't know if he had siblings who might have stayed in New Berlin. I believe Benjamin was deceased by 1850. If you learn more about your Hills, please let me know. They could be related on another level.
Sharon.

Posted: 5 Mar 2009 4:32AM GMT
Surnames: Hill, Hills
I hope I can still manage to get in touch with either you or Sharon Palm. I am a descendant of Welcome Hill and have been trying to find out about his ancestry for some time. I had used some circumstantial evidence and had come up with a tentative id of his father as Benjamin and from letters I knew he was brother to Sally and Anna. This is all wonderful! I have tried to email both you and Sharon. I hope one of the other of these contact attempts turns into something!!

Posted: 4 Jan 2013 2:38AM GMT
Almost 11 years later...Do you still have the chart of cousins?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions