Search for content in message boards

1893 murder of Thomas Reed in Trout Valley , Greenbrier Co.

1893 murder of Thomas Reed in Trout Valley , Greenbrier Co.

Sam Reed (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2006 1:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Seeking any information about my ggrandfather's murder by Kenos Douglas . Also looking for a book that I was told was written about the event .

Thanks , any info would be helpful .

Re: 1893 murder of Thomas Reed in Trout Valley , Greenbrier Co.

Posted: 5 Jan 2006 3:15PM GMT
Edited: 30 Apr 2006 12:54PM GMT
Surnames: Douglas-Reed
Tom It would be interesting to know who, what, where, etc regarding this event. My "relatives" in this area were the Hammonds, Roberts, Mullens, Stanleys, Baldwins, Workmans, etc-I would guess some of knew or where there when Tom Reed was killed. I have no knowledge of a book written.
Kenos was supposed to have stood trial for this murder ...I was able to obtain from the Greenbrier Co Courthouse several years ago the transcript of the trial where the Workmans killed the Baldwin - you might contact the courthouse to see the availability of the Douglas-Reed Trial records.
I would be very interested in anything you would be willing to share. Millie@mtec.net

G. Douglas Flippin (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2006 4:16AM GMT
Surnames: Douglas, Flippin, Stanley, Baldwin
The Greenbrier Historical Society, Lewisburg, has newpaper clippings of the Reed/Douglas murder. The Greenbrier Courthouse does not have any information on the trial. Douglas was convicted and sentenced to life in Moundsville. He was paroled in 1899, after approx. 4 years.

Posted: 18 Jan 2006 1:43PM GMT
Edited: 30 Apr 2006 12:54PM GMT
Thank you! Keenas married in 1900 - he and Mahala are in 1900 Webster Co WV - not located in 1910 (there is a Keenas M. Douglas b.ca1866 in the St of Washington in 1910) Mahala is widowed by the 1920 Nicholas Co Census. Mahala died 1949 and buried at the Baldwin Cemetery, Would you have any idea when Keenas deceased or where he is buried?
Can you help with inf on Isabella Stanley who married Thomas Reed? Thank you again.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions