Search for content in message boards

Cain family in possibly estill co or madison co, Ky

Cain family in possibly estill co or madison co, Ky

Posted: 13 Mar 2006 6:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for info on a John Cain Jr. and I believe Mary Hawk. And John Cain Sr. and Susannah Mckinney.
I have some info but would like to know maybe when they were born and when they died . And also wondering if anyone has heard of a Cain Family cemetery in Waco, Ky. I live in Waco, Ky but I haven't heard of the cemetery.

Re: Cain family in possibly estill co or madison co, Ky

Posted: 13 Mar 2006 5:15PM GMT
Surnames: CAIN, HAWK, MILLER, PIGG, ROSE
John Cain and Susannah McKinney are my GGGG grandparents. I haven't been able to find much about them, either, so would be very interested in any information you could help with. I live on the west coast, therefore, doing local research is difficult. I descend through John and Susannah's son (1) James Cain and Martha Fisher > (2) James McKinney Cain and Serilda Jane Pigg > (3) Margaret Cain and John Ransome Miller > (4) Alvertia Miller and James Lewis Rose > (5) Minnie Hazel Rose and Elmer Hisel --- Me. The only solid information I have been able to find is a Kentucky marriage record for Dilly Hawk and John Cain listed on an Ancestry.com search. Feel free to email me directly. tizrose@verizon.net.

Posted: 24 Mar 2006 5:45AM GMT
I'm afraid I won't be of much help because I haven't been able to find anything myself. Sorry.

Kevin (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2006 10:18PM GMT
Surnames: CAIN CONNER WEBB
Hi there....
Have you ever found out where the CAIN grave yard is yet ?
I am descendant of persons buried there.
Please contact me direct at my e-mail
poopoohead69@hotmail.com

Re: Cain family in possibly estill co or madison co, Ky-1802?

Jaunita Cain (View posts)
Posted: 10 Apr 2006 7:24PM GMT
Our Cain family, were in Madison Co. Ky, about 1802? Celia Steelman Cain, husband thought to be Thomas, but, not proven, and her family which included a Son , John Cain,(1773 born Surry Co. N.C.,) who married first, Ruth Blythe, N.C. and they had a son, James, born 1799, daughter, Elizabeth about 1800, and we think, the son Thomas, born, 1802, who died 1804.---Then marriage record, Madison Co. Ky., John Cain, married Annie Blythe, sister of Ruthie, and they had Winnifred and Celia, 1805, & 1808. Sometime, Annie Blythe Cain dies, and in 1817, John Cain married, Oney Gentry, Martin, Blythe Cain, and by 1820 they had come through Christian Co. Ky. on to Howard Co. Missouri. Whether there were other unknown children, and just who all did go to Madison Co. Ky. and whether Celia Steelman was married to John, James or Thomas Cain? Any findings you may have would be appreciated

Fred Stewart (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2006 1:36AM GMT
I have a Celia Steelman m. to Thomas Cain but the rest of my info does not concide with yours. I would like to correspond with you to the gain of both.

Posted: 19 Apr 2006 1:56PM GMT
There are many Cain Families, who would welcome any info on Celia Steelman Cain and her Spouse. We would be most happy to share what we have, and get the correct names of all children, dates of birth, and ect.!

Re:Thomas Cain--married more than once?

Posted: 19 Apr 2006 8:28PM GMT
Do you have Thomas Cain, having been married more than once?--We have children of Celia Steelman Cain:(A)Daniel 1768-although some question on this, possibly from first marriage of Thomas? (B)Benjamin,1770. who married Rebecca Stanfield, (C) John, 1773, who married, (1)Ruth Blythe, 1795, NC.? (2) Any or "Annie" Blythe, married July 18, 1803,Madison Co. Ky, record (3) Oney Gentry Martin Blythe Cain, married, July 17, 1817, Madison Co. Ky. record. (4) Emily Hill, married Aug. 25, 1825, Chariton Co. Mo. record. (D Ruth Cain, 1776,Married Eddleman, Puckett, and Speer-(E)-George, 1785. and (F)Catherine 1786.-OTHERS?

Re: Re:Thomas Cain--married more than once?

Fred Stewart (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2006 9:35PM GMT
Here is what I have, starting with my mother, who was the last Cain in my line.
Marilou Cain, b. 16 Oct 1927, Oklahoma City, OK; d. 6 Jul 1999, Lake Ozark, MO
Daughter of:
William Ryan Cain, I; b. 30 Dec 1872, Murry, Calloway Co. KY; d. 21 Dec 1947, Lebanon, Laclede Co. MO, m. 30 Sep 1920, Neosho, MO to Mary Ethel Dunovan. There were 3 other children from this, his second marriage.
Son of:
William Jackson Cain, I, b. 18 Feb 1835, KY; d. 10 Dec 1905, Murry, Calloway Co. KY; m. 1 Jan 1869 to Mary Elizabeth Ryan. There are two other children.
Son of:
Anderson Hutchins Cain, b. 20 Jun 1808, Rowan Co. NC; d. 17 Nov 1876, Murry, Calloway Co. KY; m. to Mary Ann Swann. There are 13 other children.
Son of:
Daniel Cain, b. 8 Dec 1768, Kent Co, DE; d. 29 May 1859, Davie Co. NC; m. 21 Dec 1789, Surry Co, NC to Elizabeth Hutchins. There are 10 other children. My sources here are Daniel Cain’s will dated 1844 and ‘The Biography of Daniel Cain’ found in the Davie Co. Public Library, Mocksville, NC.
This is where my source data runs out. Almost everything else I have, I received from another family member who was (deceased now) a genealogist. As such, I do not have the actual source documents, just the notations that she made. I have, over time collected some of the data myself, but as this is not my primary line of research, it has been slow. From here, I have what she gave me, but no source notations so I cannot verify its authenticity.
Son of:
Thomas Cain, b. Aft 1724, d. abt 1799; m. abt 1767 Celia Steelman, b. abt 1747, d. 8 Sep 1827, Howard Co. MO.
Children:
(1) Daniel Cain [above]
(2) John Cain, b. 25 Jan 1770; d. 6 Mar 1828, Franklin, IN; m. 28 Jun 1806 to Elizabeth Morgan Wright, b. 7 May 1779; Children: Cornelius, John, James, Wesley, Eli, Jonathan, Henry, & Marcellous
(3) Ruth Cain, b. 13 Feb 1775
(4) George Cain, b. bef 1794

Re: Re:Thomas Cain--married more than once?

Bobbie CampFloyd (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2006 11:49PM GMT
I have some detail to add to this subject and hope it will turn up more as well as add to what is known.
My ancestor William Cain born circa 1760 Kent Co Delaware died circa 1833 Cumberland County, Kentucky married in North Carolina to Hannah Stanfileld born Aug 6 1768 in NorthCarolina died April 1816 Burksville, Cumberland county, Kentucky. Hannah was the sister of Rebecca Stanfield who married Benjamin Cain.
I don't know how Benjmain and William are related but it seems obvious they are. Any clues appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic