Search for content in message boards

Alice Shelton

Alice Shelton

Posted: 27 Dec 2001 2:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Shelton/Hines
I would appreciate any information on my Grandmother Alice Shelton Hines. She married a James Major Hines on 29 Dec 1891 in Sparta, Tn. (White co.) There were two children born of this marriage. Amanda C. Hines b. 1893 and Charles Lee Hines (my father) b. 1895. The 1900 census report for Tn. list these two children living in the household of James Major Hines(Hinds) and his wife (second wife) Lou Dora Crawford. I`m assuming Alice Shelton Hines died a short time after my father was born which would have been after 1895 and prior to 1900. I would like to find out who Alice Shelton`s mother and father were in addition to any information on my grandmother. Thanks. Reply to ac5sz@catc.net

Re: Alice Shelton

Posted: 16 May 2002 4:13AM GMT
Edited: 22 Nov 2002 6:03AM GMT
Surnames: Hines, Hodges
My grandmother, Essie Veda Turner and her husband names; Frank Hines... Essie's two twin sisters;
Alice and Angie Smith...Essie's maiden name was from the second marriage..her mothers name was Lenora Hodges..her marriages; smith, turner, howard...Howard raised my grandmother Essie Turner (now a Hines from marriage).

Frank's mother and fathers name;Ada Hodges & Daniel Hines parents were Thomas Hines whose fathers name was Joseph Hines Sr...from around Woodsfield, Ohio....mainly MONROE COUNTY OHIO.

alot of information...but not really showing a connection to your hines yet...sorry this is about all I show going back..

questions..email me...

thanks for posting!
lavon
lelaine2727@aol.com

Re: Alice Shelton

Posted: 16 May 2002 1:55PM GMT
I was just notified about your reply to my post on Alice M. Shelton (Hines/Hinds). This was my grandmother and all I can find out is the info about her marriage to my grandfather James Major Hines/Hinds which only gives the date and place of White county, Sparta, Tn. I just can`t seem to connect on any information about the Shelton family and where they were originally from. Maybe if I could ever find a listing in the census that would list Alice M. Shelton as a daughter I might be able lto find out a lot more. Oh well such is life in the genealogy world. Thanks for your information Lavon and as always I am very appreciative of any little tidbit. Thanks again.
Lenard
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions