Search for content in message boards

Konestabo

Konestabo

Kathy Dillon (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2005 2:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Konestabo, Tomazic
Looking for relatives of Ursula Konestabo, my father's (John Tomazic) mother, Pregarje, Slovenia

Re: Konestabo

B. Lapajne, Ph.D. (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2005 4:06PM GMT
Would never have thought that the surname Konestabo was Slovenian. In all my research have never encountered such a surname. However, there are quite a number of them in the Slovenian telephone directory. There are at least five such families in Pregarje at: # 84, #22, #10, #49 and #27. Pregarje belongs to the postal district: 6243 Obrov. It is not far from Ilirska Bistrica. If you were to write to the families, it is possible that one of them is related to your Ursula Konestabo.

Posted: 16 Feb 2010 8:24PM GMT
Hi there! I know it is few years later, and I have no idea if I might be of any help... My grandma was Konestabo from Pregarje, and we have many living Konestabo relatives from that village...

Posted: 17 Feb 2010 11:38AM GMT
Surnames: Konestabo, Tomazic
(I changed my user name.)

So happy to hear from you. My search goes on. I know a little more now. Ursula was born October 9, 1879 and died January 18, 1962. She had a brother Grega.

Her father's name was probably Anton. She also had a younger brother Joseph who move to the US in the early 1900's. My father had a cousin Valentino Konestabo in Cleveland. His father was Joseph and his grandfather was Anton. Valentino's mother's name was Maria.

Ursula's husband Joze Tomazic was born April 15, 1878 and died December 11, 1971. He had a brother Victor who had 3 sons -- Edi, Pepi and Victor. Joze traveled several times to the US.

Joze's grandson Joze Tomazic, my cousin, still lives in Pregarje. He is married to Marta Samsa. They have a daughter Natasa Stopar. They are not in contact with any Konestabo's.

I sent a few letters to Konestabo's in Pregarje a couple of years ago but never heard anything back.

Any further info you could give me would be appreciated.

Kathy Dillon

Posted: 17 Feb 2010 5:29PM GMT
Hello again!
This is fine, because I want to start building my own family tree,and i guess that people you are seeking are my ancestors as well... Konestabo was modified surname of Constable, apparently one of Napoleon's soldiers fell in love with someone from Pregarje and decided to stay there,coward and betrayer of french nation ;)...Well, that is what my grandma said..
Could you give me your e-mail adress so i can connect you with my relative (she is very kind young girl).

regards,
Ana

Posted: 18 Feb 2010 5:06AM GMT
My email address is kkatoh@aol.com.

Posted: 15 Oct 2012 8:15PM GMT
Hello
I heard the same story from my uncle. Gabriel Konestabo
My grandfather was Franc Konestabo married with Francisca Zadnik. Their children Maria, Karolina my mother, Anton,Gabriel and Francisca are all dead. Dothers (2) of Anton live i Australia. Sons of Gabriel, Darko and Ernest live in Pregarje.Son of Zdravko live in Illirska Bistrica. For Marias child i have no information.
Originaly was 4 familis with the surname Konestabo. Dont now if they was related in the start.

As i departed from Pregarje as child in 1949 the information i can give may not help.
I live in Norway sins 1960.
My 2 sons live both in Norway with their families

Sorry for my week inglish

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 12:11PM GMT
That is very interesting!

We definitelly are coming from same roots because my surname is Zadnik and my grandma was Konestabo. I am visiting Pregarje from time to time. I will ask my father if he knows any of these names.
I live in the UK now.

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 2:40PM GMT
Hello again!
I called my dad and he told me:
Father(Gabriel) of Zdravko and Ernest is my grandma's(Kristina)cousin.
Their house is just next to my grandma's house.My grandma's family were called Financovi.
My dad has the photo of the houses, if you want, i can send them to you by e- mail.

Regards,
Ana

Posted: 26 Jan 2013 8:11PM GMT
Thank You for the answer. Iam traing to travel to Pregarje every second or third year. As understud my mother Karolina was cusin of your grandma.It will be wery nice to get picture. You have my mail adress.
Regards
Augusto
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions