Search for content in message boards

Elijah Howell Gallia County, Ohio

Elijah Howell Gallia County, Ohio

Pamela Saunders Rodgers (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2003 3:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information on the Howell family of Gallipolis, Ohio. Family information I have is:

Elijah Howell b. Sept 1826 d. 1894
David Howell b. Dec. 5, 1829 d. Jan. 1908
Mary Margaret b. 1852 d. Sept. 8, 1902
Sarah Catherine b. Aug. 24, 1854 d. Dec. 16, 1914
Francis Marion b. Oct 21, 1855 d. July 5, 1915

Have about 20 other names with birth and death dates. Also have a picture with the names: Francis, Olga, Patty, Linota Howell 1951.

Re: Elijah Howell Gallia County, Ohio

Posted: 5 Aug 2003 9:11PM GMT
Edited: 10 Aug 2005 1:34PM GMT
I have an Elijah Howell, born 10May1797, died 28August1841 in Gallia County, Ohio, Harrison Township. Married Rebecca Roadarmour in Gallia County 24March1825.They had a daughter Lucinda, born 25May1834, married Alexander McCaslin McCall.Could we be talking about the same family?

Marge

Posted: 26 Aug 2003 12:41AM GMT
Edited: 10 Jan 2005 2:41AM GMT
Surnames: Howell/Gates/Drummond
Have you come across Robert A. Howell (B:10/1/1862 D: 6/1/1949 in Gallipolis, Gallia Co., Ohio? He was married to Annie B. Gates and they had no children. Robert was a dentist, lawyer and lay minister and lived at 661 Second Avenue, Gallipolis. He is buried in Mound Hill Cemetery. I am trying to find his parents names. He had a sister, Mary M. Howell that married Albert Lee Drummond. I have their children's names if you need them.

Posted: 3 Sep 2003 2:48PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jan 2005 2:41AM GMT
Surnames: Howell/Williams
I found Robert Howell's parents in his obituary. They are David and Elizabeth Williams Howell of Gallia Co., Ohio

Donna Winn (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2003 9:33PM GMT
I know this is along shot, but I am looking for any info on Bertha Howell born around 1870 and married Pearl Lowery. She lived in the Pomeroy, Ohio area as far as I know. She died around 1962 to 1964. Would you have any information?

Posted: 25 Oct 2003 9:52PM GMT
Sorry, I have no information on a Bertha Howell or any Howells in the Pomeroy area.

Marge

Posted: 8 Oct 2004 6:22PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2005 3:15PM GMT
Is this Bertha - Harley Howell's Daugher? Harley's father was Samuel and his father was Alfred.

Posted: 28 Mar 2010 4:29AM GMT
Surnames: Howell, Roadarmour
Just saw your '03 posting. I have Elijah and Rebecca (Roadarmour) in my family tree and descend from their youngest son, Henry. Do you have ancestors earlier than James and William.

Posted: 9 Apr 2012 1:38AM GMT
Surnames: Howell and Drummond
This post was deleted by the author on 13 Apr 2012 5:58PM GMT

Posted: 9 Apr 2012 2:17AM GMT
Surnames: Howell and Drummond
Hello long lost cousin. I am descended from One of Elijah's siblings. Most of the rest of his family moved on to Macon County Illinois.

My Aunt has made a huge study of our family and has gone back really far. I can send you that info if you are still interested.

We are looking for the link between Elijah (my relative) and Mary M. Howell who married Albert Lee Drummond (my husband's great grandparents). We want to know how we are related. It would help to have any of Elijah's children's names or farther down the tree. You may have much of that info that will give me a place to start.

If you want what I have on Elijah's ancestors, I could scan it and send it email. Can we do that?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic