Search for content in message boards

PREWETT/SHRIVER in Healdsburg/Windsor Areas

PREWETT/SHRIVER in Healdsburg/Windsor Areas

Posted: 20 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Mar 2006 7:30PM GMT
Surnames: PREWETT, BROOKS
I am looking for information on the PREWETT family of Shiloh Road, Windsor, Sonoma County, CA. My second great grandmother was Martha Ann PREWETT b. 1853 CA. Her parents were John PREWETT b. 1829 MO d. 11/11/1863 CA and Mary Polly BROOKS b. 1833 MO d. 4/26/1864 CA. Martha also had a younger sister Frances that was 4 years her junior. I know that Martha was sent to live with (I am not sure about Frances) James and Miriam PREWETT. I am trying to find out if James PREWETT was the father of John and if so were there any siblings. In Martha Ann's obituary is reads that she was "one of Sonoma Counties oldest native daughters" The 1860 census said that she was born in CA. I would like to know about the time frame the family moved to CA and from where in MO?? Thanks so much!!

Rayna Januska

Re: PREWETT/SHRIVER in Healdsburg/Windsor Areas

Posted: 14 Jul 2003 12:02AM GMT
Edited: 10 Jan 2005 2:41AM GMT
Surnames: Prewett
I am looking for P.P. Prewett that married Elizabeth Lee Bedegrew (spelled Bellgrew on marriage certificate) on 1/5/1876 in Vernon Co., Mo. I have no name for him, just initials. Elizabeth was born in 1860. Have you run across him in your search for your Prewett's. Some of the Bedegrews went on to California but not Elizabeth or her immediate family. P.P. is my brick wall!

Posted: 11 Mar 2006 6:31PM GMT
Did your Mary Polly BROOKS have a son named George and a brother named William who m. Eliza BUELL? If so, I have some info. for you.
Jerry

Posted: 2 Sep 2007 7:28PM GMT
Surnames: Prewett
Lt Col James E Prewett was indeed the father of John Prewett opf Shiloh road. Check the census of 1860 and I believe you will find him. James was a judge on Sonoma County and also on the Board of supervisors. I am working in Sonoma County now to find info. He would be my great great grandfather
Helen

Posted: 18 Oct 2009 4:39AM GMT
Edited: 18 Oct 2009 4:55AM GMT
Surnames: PREWETT, ALLARD
Does anyone know anything about Samuel Prewett that was on the 1870 Sonoma Co, CA census at age 25? He later married Ellen Allard who had 2 daughters, Martha and Francis (Fanny)

Posted: 18 Oct 2009 5:41AM GMT
If you look in the Family tree section of "others looking for James Prewett" you will fin the ThompsonVassar tree and all my info is there

Posted: 18 Oct 2009 5:48AM GMT
In addition there is a Samuel A Pruitt listed as a son of James W Rewett. I can't find him in the 1870 census or any others in Ca. The Prewett name is often spelled Pruitt. I think is the merging of all the cursive e's and w's and i's.

I did find a Samuel A Prewett Sonoma Co. census age 34 post office Healdsburg. Single Is that the one you are looking for?

Helen Vassar great great great grand daughter of James W Prewett

Posted: 6 Nov 2009 3:08AM GMT
Surnames: PREWETT ALLARD THACKER
The Samuel Prewett you found in the 1870 census was the son of Joseph Prewett (1826-1850) and Martha "Patsy" Baker (1825-1891). Joseph was the brother of James W. Prewett of Sonoma; their parents were Esau Prewett and Elizabeth Brooks. Samuel was born 26 October 1846 in Clay County, Missouri and died 12 June 1927 in California. He traveled with his parents overland from Missouri to Oregon in 1847, when he was six months old. Joseph died in 1850, on the trail to California. Samuel and his mother and his younger brother, Jesse, settled at Georgetown, California, where his uncles James (1808-1882) and Samuel (1815-1898)Prewett operated a general merchandise store. Samuelthe younger married Ellen Thacker Allard 10 June 1868 in Sonoma. They eventually settled in San Benito County, where their descendants still live. If you need more information let me know. If you have information on the Esau Prewett-Elizabeth Brooks line, I'd be very interested.

Posted: 6 Nov 2009 3:46AM GMT
Surnames: Prewett/Bedegrew/Allard
I find it interesting of the Allard/Prewett connection. My Elizabeth Bedegrew that married P.P or P.R. Prewett was the granddaughter of Hannah Allard Bedegrew (daughter of Daniel Allard). Many of the Bedegrews migrated to the Sacramento/San Benito/Tulare areas of California. P.P./P.R. Prewett is still my genealogy brick wall!

Posted: 6 Nov 2009 4:47AM GMT
The Bedegrew connection is interesting! Ellen Thacker (1840-1937)married William Allard, born about 1830 in Missouri. The first record of William Allard that I have found is in the 1850 census, which lists William Allard, age 20 and John Allard, age 22, in the household of Hesekiah (age 34) and Jane Bedwell (age 22) of Wayne County, Missouri. The Allard men both were blacksmiths, as was Hesekiah. Are these connected with your Daniel Allard?

I didn't find any Prewetts in my database with first names starting in "P" -- good luck on your brick wall!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions