Search for content in message boards

James F. Bufords parents or siblings

James F. Bufords parents or siblings

Cynthia (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2003 6:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Buford , Gandy
Looking for connections on James Franklin Buford b. 1813 S. Carolia , married Helen Sophina Gandy. Does anyone know who his parents , brothers , and sisters might be ? I've hit a brick wall , please help if possible!

Re: James F. Bufords parents or siblings

Posted: 19 May 2004 11:08PM GMT
Surnames: Buford, Williams, Ainsworth, Vanwinkle
I am the grandaughter of James F. Buford b About 1887. Married Lela or Lila Williams, who was his second or third wife. If there is a connection, I would appreciate any info you have available.

Posted: 19 May 2004 11:20PM GMT
Surnames: Buford, Ainsworth, Vanwinkle
My grandfather had a sister Sarah, who lived in Karnes City, Texas. A Brother ,who I Think is Hollis,and other siblings that I can't remember. Aunt Sarah married a Vanwinkle,and had a son named Floyd {I think}. If anyone has information I would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks. I just started working on this and find my memory is sadly lacking......

Cynthia (View posts)
Posted: 20 May 2004 3:52AM GMT
Surnames: Buford, Gandy,Steen,Minyard,
I feel sure your grandfather is named after my ggggrandfather b. 1813 in S.Carolina , d.1880 in Ms. I don't know who his parents are , or if he had any siblings, I've been told he was raised by an Uncle , but don't know his name either, was your grandfather the son of Thomas Jefferson Buford & Jemima Foster Hayes? My ggggrandfather traveled with this group , I feel sure they are kin , but I can't make a connection, the Bufords are a complex family when researching them , they married cousins & neices , Bufords married Bufords and repeated the same names a lot, and it can get very confusing, and it makes them hard to trace if you don't know birthdates & deaths , like our grandfathers with the same name, if you know the connection please let me know or if you find anything please share & I will do the same. Thanks, Cynthia

Posted: 19 Aug 2004 4:42PM GMT
Edited: 20 Oct 2006 2:02PM GMT
The only James Franklin Buford I've been able to locate is James Franklin Buford son of John Buford Sr. & Mary Berry.
John & Mary Berry Buford's children were Sarah Ann, Frances, Elizabeth, Eliza, Amanda, John Yantis, James Franklin, William Harvey & Priscilla.

John Buford Sr. was the son of James & Elizabeth Bramblett Buford. He was born in Bedford County, Va. in 1764 married about 1792 in Kentucky. So this may not be the family of the James Franklin you're looking for, but it may help.

Terry

Cynthia (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2004 2:58AM GMT
Thank you, Terry my James Franklin Buford is not listed in any of the Buford books that I know of,I think he is related to this John Buford ,but I can't make a connection,my James Franklin Buford had 1 son & named him John Quincy Adams Buford born1851 in Ms. if you ever come across a connection please contact me.I think he came from one of the Bufords that married a Buford cousin,from Virginia & Kentucky that migrated to S.C.., Ala., Ark.,Tn.& Ms. He died in Ms. abt1880. Thank You, Cynthia Buford Hanley

Cynthia Hanley (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2004 2:11AM GMT
Surnames: Buford
Terry, Do you know what year or where James Franklin, son of John Buford sr. & Mary Berry was born?My James Franklin childrens names are the same as the siblings name you sent, my James named his children, Parmelia E. , Malissa J. ,Sara Frances, Martha, John quincy Adams, Mary S. , Victoria Davis. If you find what year or where he was born please let me know, there may be a connection. Thank You, Cynthia Buford Hanley

Posted: 20 Sep 2004 3:06PM GMT
Edited: 20 Oct 2006 2:02PM GMT
I don't have the dates you need, but this is what is published in "History & Genealogy of the Buford Family in America" by Capt. Marcus Bainbridge Buford: "John son of James & Elizabeth Bramblett Buford, born in Bedford County, Virginia, 1764, married about 1792, in Lincoln, afterwards Garrard County, Kentucky, Frances Turpin Banton. Children - Nancy, Judith, James, John Jr., Frances and Elizabeth Calloway."

"John Jr. son of John and Frances T. Banton Buford, married Mary Berry, of Lancaster County, Kentucky. Moved to Lafayette County, Missouri. Children - Sarah Ann, Frances, Elizabeth, Eliza, Amanda, John Yantis, James Franklin, William Harvey and Priscilla."

There is no other mention of the family of John Jr. after these entries.

The only dates that may help is that Elizabeth Calloway Buford, sister of John Jr. was born Sept. 27, 1814. That should give you a window of approximately 1792 to 1814 for the birth of John Jr.

The best authority on the Bufords may very well be Mrs. Pattie Hooper. Mrs. Hooper may have more information on this particular line.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help,

Terry

Cynthia B. Hanley (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2004 12:14AM GMT
Thank you, Terry for your reply, I have talked to Patti & she had no info either. Thanks again, Cynthia Buford Hanley

Cynthia B. Hanley (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2004 4:39AM GMT
Surnames: Buford, Gandy,McNees
Terry, Do you know what Warren Buford & Mary Pamela Mcniece,Mcness,or Mcnees I have seen her last name spelled these 3 ways. The reason is I have a note on James F. beuford & Helen Sophina Gandys marriage record from greene co.Alabama, that a genealogist,L.L. McNees of Lexington, Ms.,wrote in 1966 trying to find parents of James Buford b.1813,S.C. . Do you know anything about L.L. McNees, I think this might be a connection. James named his first daughter Parmelia, which this is an old spelling for Pamela. Please let me know if you or anyone has any info. or what this gen. L.L. McNees may have found out. Thank You, Cynthia Buford Hanley
per page

Find a board about a specific topic