Search for content in message boards

JOHN GAINEY - CHERAW, SC

JOHN GAINEY - CHERAW, SC

Posted: 16 Oct 2003 8:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Apr 2005 1:14PM GMT
Surnames: Gainey
I'm looking for anyone related to John Gainey, from Cheraw South Carolina. All I know is that he had a sister named "Ett" and a brother named "Gilbert". There were 7 or 8 other brothers and sisters, but I don't know who they were. He was born in 1884.

Re: JOHN GAINEY - CHERAW, SC

Posted: 18 Feb 2004 2:31AM GMT
Edited: 20 Apr 2005 12:28PM GMT
Hello I was reading the message board and came across your message. I am from Hartsville SC and I knew a John Gainey from Cheraw. Who was he married to and I will do some checking and see if the others members of my family can help! I will get back in touch with you!

Niki (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2004 7:23PM GMT
Edited: 20 Apr 2005 11:45AM GMT
John Gainey was married to Rebecca Gainey (Soon), who also was from Cheraw, SC. Thanks for your help.

ekeith (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2004 7:01PM GMT
Edited: 20 Apr 2005 12:30PM GMT
Surnames: Gainey, Freeman, Barefoot
Hi, I am not sure if you guys can help, I am trying to find out more about the branch of the Gainey family from Hartsville, SC. The Gaineys in my family tree also lived in Chesterfield and Darlington County. My grandfather was John Freeman. His wife Cleo was a Gainey before marring John Freeman. John Freeman was also a Gainey from his mother's side of the family. I don't think they were related even with the same last name. I only know from my mother who has passed that the Gainey family were suppose to be a mix of Indian, white European and a mixture of Spanish Jewish blood. Most of the Gaineys I every know were not Jewish but where dark in skin tone. I am told that the Indian blood is Cherokee. Cleo Gainey, my grandmother was related to the Barefoot surname. The Gainey, Freeman and Barefoot surname are all found in the Hartsville, SC area. Can anyone direct me.

Eduardo (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2004 7:05PM GMT
Edited: 20 Apr 2005 12:31PM GMT
A final note I did not mention is the Gaineys I am speaking of did live as well close to Society Hill, SC. This is located between Hartsville, SC (Darlington County) and Cheraw, SC (Chersterfield County). I am a graduate of Cheraw High.

Eduardo...

Niki Hargrove (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2004 10:58PM GMT
Eduardo, I wish I could help you out more, but the only other information that I had on my great-grandfather John was that he had a sister named "Ett". Because they married outside of their race, they were considered black from that point on.

Posted: 23 Dec 2007 8:14PM GMT
Etta Gainey Ingram siblings name Mack and Marion twins brothers Mary Gainey Ingram, Irene Gainey Batton. Anyone know of this Gainey for Cheraw S.C they are white. parents names were Joe and Manzie (Lundy) Gainey

Posted: 23 Jan 2011 12:53AM GMT
HELLO,
I to am looking for info on John A. Gainey, from Cheraw. Please contact me. Thank you
JM

Posted: 23 Jan 2011 12:57AM GMT
Hello,
I am looking for any info on John A. Gainey who lived in Cheraw, S.C. He was born in 1884. Thank you.
J.M.

Posted: 23 Jan 2011 1:06AM GMT
Hello Eduardo,
I am looking for any info on John A. Gainey he was born in the year of 1884 and passed away in 1940. I beleive he lived in Chesterfield county in Cheraw. If you have any info I would really appreciate it. Thank you.
J.M.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions