Search for content in message boards

Carl Frederick Soucy d 2003 Des Moines IA

Carl Frederick Soucy d 2003 Des Moines IA

Posted: 10 Feb 2012 7:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Soucy
Any family members of Carl Frederick Soucy of Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa on here who remember this man? I am not a relative, but he was in Navy boot camp w my father in law. I just found a photograph of the entire unit, Company 162-42 at Great Lakes Naval Training Center, and scanned it into my blog at http://afamilytapestry.blogspot.com/2012/02/finding-little-b...

As I explain in that blog post, several friends signed the back of my father in law's copy of this photo. I believe the signature for "C. F. Soucy" was that of this man, Carl Frederick Soucy.

Since the photo was so large (8 inches by 32 inches) and since the space on my blog is so small, I'm also posting a series of cropped photos taken from the original so I can enlarge the details. If you knew this man and could look at the photos on my blog posts for today and the next few days, using the link above, I'd appreciate hearing from you. If you can identify his picture in this group, just leave a comment on my blog so other readers will also know.

Thanks so much! ~Jacqi

Re: Carl Frederick Soucy d 2003 Des Moines IA

Posted: 14 Feb 2012 1:55AM GMT
I am not a reltive to the Soucy family. I did locate a very sparse obit for C. Fred Soucy. It does mention a surviving sister but even though I found her burial place, I could not locate her obituary in the Des Moines Register newspaper, as she passed away in 2003.

I will attach the obit for C. Fred Soucy. I did locate the obituaries for his parents but not sure if you want them or not.
Attachments:

Posted: 14 Feb 2012 2:13AM GMT
Surnames: Soucy
Thank you so VERY much for sending me that attachment.

While this man is not part of my family line--I'm doing this as a memorial project in thanks for what these veterans endured on our behalf during WWII--seeing that obit you sent is touching in a sad way. As I progress with the project, I'm finding a number of these veterans dying alone, often without even an obituary to memorialize them. When there is an obit, there is rarely mention of family left behind to remember them.

You offered to send the attachments of his parents' obits. I'm not sure why I'm taking you up on this, but yes...could you send those also? These veterans' parents paid a price, too!

Thank you so much for helping me with this project!

Jacqi
http://afamilytapestry.blogspot.com/2012/02/about-that-listi...

Posted: 14 Feb 2012 3:08AM GMT
Fredrick and Isabelle Soucy obits are attached. Perhaps the funeral home in Marshalltown mentioned in their obits, might have additional information or a contact name that might get you in touch with a surviving grand child or niece. In the Glendale Cemetery listings on-line, C. Fred Soucy is not mentioned with the other Soucy family. C. Fred Soucy's sister, Audrey Bento is also buried in Glendale Cemetery. Not sure where C. Fred Soucy is buried. Not sure if the Veterans Home in Marshalltown has their own cemetery. Good luck with your project and thanks for working on it!
Attachments:

Posted: 18 May 2012 3:10PM GMT
I am the great-niece of Isabelle Soucy and wanted to provide you a correction to your geneology information you and otheres have dug up on the Soucy family. Isabelle Soucy was Carl Frederick Soucy's step-mother, not his mother. His mother was Nellie Soucy and she passed away in 1931. As mentioned in Isabelle Soucy's obituary she was survived by her 2 nieces and their families. The children of Frederick & Nellie Soucy (Audrey Bento and CF Soucy) have both passed away. C.F. Soucy did not have any children and would have been survived by Audrey Bento's 2 daughters. None of the Soucy family is buried in Marshalltown, and I would highly doubt C.F. Soucy is as he did not live there, he lived in Des Moines.

Posted: 5 Jul 2012 9:38AM GMT
Nellie wife of Frederick Soucy, what was her maiden name? Also Isabelle? Their son Carl Frederick Soucy, was he ever married? Thanks

Posted: 5 Jul 2012 9:43AM GMT
Do you know who Frederick Soucy's parents are (mom's maiden name?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions