Search for content in message boards

Jenkins family from Schuylkill County, PA

Jenkins family from Schuylkill County, PA

Posted: 20 Aug 2001 8:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Dec 2002 3:16AM GMT
Surnames: Thomas, Runciman,
If there is anyone who recognises the names in my list, please reply. My grandfather was Tallie (short for Taliesen) Jenkins. His mother and father were from Merthyr Tydfyl (spelling!), Wales. I believe she was a Thomas. Don't know his name for sure. I think it was John. They settled in Schuylkill County, PA in the mid to late 1800s and had 3 sons. I do not know if the sons were born in US or Wales, but their names were John, Robert, and Tallie.
Tallie was born in PA in 1894 and died in 1982. Tallie was the youngest, and when his parents succumbed when he was a youngster, Tallie was raised by older brother, Robert.
Robert had 2 children, Margret and Melvin, both stayed in Schuylkill County.
I believe John moved somewhere near the Philadelphia area. Lost all contact with family.

Tallie married Emma Runciman and had 3 sons, Robert, John, and James.

I am the youngest child of Robert with an older brother, Robert, Jr.
James had 2 sons, James Jr. and John.
John (Jack) had 3 children, Randolph, Eric, and Rhonda.

If you think there is a relationship, please contact me. If not, that's my story! Thanks,

Susan Jenkins-Spirko

Re: Jenkins family from Schuylkill County, PA

Posted: 9 Dec 2002 9:56PM GMT
Surnames: Jenkins, Austin, Thomas
Hello.
I don't know if this will help, but here goes. My Grandfather was William Austin Jenkins from south Wales I believe, he married Margaret Mildred Thomas in Wales. They both were likely born around 1900. They had three children David Trevor and Anne and moved to Aylesbury Buckinghamshire UK. This is as far back as I can trace the Jenkins. Austin I believe was his Mothers maiden name. He was a miner.
I am currently trying to find out if William had Brothers one possibly Ivor Jenkins. Maybe we can figure this out <smile>

Best regards

Trevor trevorwj@telus.net

Susan Jenkins Spirko (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2003 5:41PM GMT
Thanks for your reply. I read the other replies and believe there may be a link. My grandfather, Tallie, always believed we, too, were related to Richard Burton. I don't know how valid that is but it is interesting that we were told the same thing. My great grandfather was Ivor Jenkins, married to Lizzie Thomas (another coincidence?).

My father was Robert and had 2 brothers, James and John. All 3 brothers have living sons, and grand sons.

Not sure if Ivor was a first name or middle name. Since my grandfather was born in 1894 and he was the youngest of 3 sons, I believe Ivor must have been born sometime in the mid 1800s. This is as much as I can figure out. I do not know if there were brothers to Ivor or not. Keep in touch.

Susan

Trevor W. Jenkins (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2003 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Jenkins & Thomas & Austin
Hi Susan thank for your reply!
Another possible clue... my dads name was Trevor Henry Thomas Jenkins, As I understand the Thomas, was his mothers maiden name,
I don't know where the Henry came from... another family reference?
My Dads brother David.. was said to have been awarded the MBE... or OBE... not sure. I think Member of the British Empire MBE for diplomatic work with the British Government. Grandmother Margaret worked with British government as well. In what capacity I'm not sure ? I have an aunt Anne, maybe in her seventies in the UK I'll have to quiz her soon for more information.
I'll let you know if I learn anything!
Best regards

Trevor
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions