Search for content in message boards

Lindley/Morse (Maris)

Lindley/Morse (Maris)

Posted: 23 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Jul 2001 7:16PM GMT
Surnames: Lindley, Morse, Maris
I am searching the Lindley/Morse (Maris) lines of Texas. John Wood Lindley (my ggrandfather)b. April 25 1842 d. Sept 28 1928,Navasota Tx, was married three times. #1 Florence Field #2 Annie Morse (Maris) #3 Cynthia Edna Goodnight. #2 Annie Morse is my ggrandmother c. Mary Ellen, James, William Uriah (my grandfather). John Wood Lindley's father was William Lindley and William's father was Samuel Washington Lindley. These lines are from Grimes, Montgomery co. area. If anyone has any information I would greatly appreciate it. Thank You.

Samuel Washington Lindley

Beverly Lane Thomas (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: LANE, CAMPBELL, LINDLEY, BRADDOCK, THOMAS, HODGE, DRIVER, HOUSE
A book on the Lindleys titled: "Jacob Marion Lindley, his Ancestors and Descendants, A Genealogy", by Milam Myrl Ewing, June 1, 1978, names Samuel Washington Lindley on page 11:

"10. Samuel Washington Lindley, born 1788 in SC, died in 1859 in Montgomery Co., TX. Married (1st) Mary (Polly) Elizabeth Hall, June 5, 1809 in Christian Co., KY. She was born about 1789 in Chatham Co., NC, died 1838 in Montg.Co., TX. (2nd) in 1839 in Montg. Co., TX, Eliza Tolbert... (3rd) in 1845 Martha Alphin, a widow." The book does not list Samuel Washington Lindley's descendants.

It lists Samuel as the 10th child of John Lindley and Sarah Baldwin, and names John and Sarah's children as: Simon, William, Mary, John, James, Thomas, Jacob, Jehu, Ruth, Samuel Washington, and Jonathan.

"...John Lindley, born October 13, 1747, in London Grove, PA, died 1790 in Anderson Co., NC...married Sarah Pyle 1768 in Orange Co., NC... daughter of John Pyle and Sarah Baldwin, born June 10, 1751 in Hartford Co., MD, died after Aug 15, 1807, probably in Christian Co., KY." John was listed as the 8th child of Thomas Lindley and Ruth Hadley.

Do you have information on Samuel Washington Lindley's children?

Lindley Morse Maris

Posted: 15 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Sep 2001 1:45AM GMT
Surnames: Lindley, Wright, Smith
My last surviving Lindley Family relative,is an aunt,Who
has told of an inscription in the Cover of the family bible.
Apparantly, the book was printed in 1853,and given in 1854,to a lady named Eleanor Wright,by Philip Lord Wharton.
At this point we have no idea for what reason,but you must agree,its very intreaging! Lord wharton resided in the
South Yorkshire district near to Doncaster here in England,Should this snippet be of relevance or interest,your
comments would be welcome!

Re: Lindley Morse Maris

Phifer (View posts)
Posted: 31 Aug 2001 4:18PM GMT
would this inscription be Florella Lindley?

Re: Samuel Washington Lindley

Posted: 22 Apr 2002 3:44AM GMT
Edited: 10 May 2005 12:54AM GMT
Surnames: Lindley, Whitley
This info on Sam W has been found to be incorrect. He 1st married Mary Polly Hall in 1809 & she died in 1810 after the birth of their first child, Sarah. He then married Elizabeth Whitley who was the mother of the remaining children except for the last child, Amanda Marie, by E Tolbert. Sam had 4 wives in all & came to TX in 1835 with Elizabeth & her brothers, Mills & Sharp Whitley & their families. Sam & Eliz's eldest daughter, Barsheba (my line) also came with them along with her husband, John Sadler. Sam & Eliz were the parents of Jonathan Lindley, who died at The Alamo. For more info, please contact me at deae@lcc.net.

Posted: 27 Jul 2002 4:22AM GMT
Surnames: Pyle and Lindley
Samuel had Jonathon Lindley of the Alamo fame also John Lindley his father married Sarah Pyle not Sarah Baldwin. Sarah Baldwin was Sarah Pyle Lindley's mother.

Jim Lindley

Posted: 5 Jul 2003 10:11PM GMT
Samuel Washington Lindley is the brother of Jacob Marion Lindley that I'm desended from. The rest of your information is the same as what I have. I've researched them back to the furtherest one of Edmonde Lyndley who was born in 1550 and married Margrette Lister.

Zora Beth Lindley (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2003 10:55PM GMT
Surnames: Lindleys
Since your message stated that you have these Lindleys back to 1550, do you perhaps have them in a form to copy and charge for them? I would like to know and if so, what would be the cost. Thanks

Posted: 8 Aug 2003 5:29AM GMT
Hi Zora Beth,
There is no charge for the information, and I do have them in a format that can easily be viewed online. I do require registration to the site it's on, so that family members and myself know basically who has access there. Drop me an email and I'll send you the URL.

Kim Lindly (Lindley) Howell

Posted: 12 Jun 2012 6:24AM GMT
Hi, I have be researching the Lindley family for years. I would like to join the DAR but I need information. I think I am related to Samuel Washington Lindley. I am looking for the parents for William & Martha Lindley. William and Martha Lindley had Elijah Lindley/Honor Holbrook who were parents of Elisha (my great-great grandfather. My great-grandfather was William Thomas Lindley and my grandfather was Roy F. Lindley. Do you have any information that you can give me? Thanks, Shirley
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions