Lance Armstrong related to Neil Alden Armstrong

Posted: 24 Sep 2003 2:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
This post was deleted by the author on 1 Aug 2013 11:37PM GMT

Re: Lance Armstrong related to Neil Alden Armstrong

Tee Armstrong (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2003 11:12PM GMT
The answer to your querry is,No. Lance Armstrong was adopted by an Armstrong and thats how he got the name Armstrong. Neil and I connect to William Armstrong who was born in 1565 abd married Margeret Elliott, Regards,Tee Armstrong Charlottesville,Va

v.ewald (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2003 11:21AM GMT
Surnames: Armstrong
Tee, I've often wondered if either Lance or William descend from my Armstrong relations. but I'm still curious, Lance is still an Armstrong!, Maybe not biologically, but he has the Armstrong surname.. so, with that in mind, Do you know from where his surname descends?
Val

Posted: 27 Sep 2003 11:22AM GMT
Edited: 15 Jun 2004 6:03PM GMT
Surnames: Armstrong, Roofner, Fox, Slagle, Dyess, Buzzard, Burford, Patrick
Hi Tee, You mentioned that you descend from Margaret Elliott and William Armstrong. I also descend from them but would like to be able to tie the line together with a little more proof. Can you help me? I would appreciate any input. Beverley (Armstrongs of Armstrong County, PA).

Posted: 29 Oct 2003 3:39AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jun 2004 1:18AM GMT
Surnames: Armstrong, Cope, Burgess, Likpsay,Milhouse,Moorman,Hole,Burk,Hadley,Cox,
I might also be related to William Armstrong through his son Edward Armstrong a Military Capton and Mary McGuire. I have a listing of a James Armstrong b.1758 PN. If this is my James. As far as I know the James in my line is James Armstrong married to Ruth Bennett.
This maybe the same James. I just need a connection.
Marie Venditti

Posted: 29 Oct 2003 3:42AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jun 2004 1:18AM GMT
Surnames: Lipsay, Bennett
Made mistake on surnames for Lipsay and needed to add Bennett too.
Marie Venditti

Posted: 27 Jul 2004 10:44PM GMT
Edited: 13 Feb 2005 5:11PM GMT
Gleaned from my Armstrong email list family: Lance Armstrong is an adopted child; his stepfather's surname is Armstrong.

Posted: 14 May 2010 3:37PM GMT
I am doing some reseach for an elderly friend, who was born an Armstrong, she has always thought that Neil Alden Armstrong looked an awful lot like her father to the point of writing Neil's mother suggesting that she somehow might be related. She descends from David Armstrong(b.1793 in New York)and Martha. Her line migrated to Wisconsin. My friend is not well and finding out something like this would really make her day.
I have a lot more information if anyone can help.
Thanks.
Kathy

Posted: 14 May 2010 4:03PM GMT
Is this the same Capt. William Armstrong, whoes wife was Mary and whoes father was Benjamin Armstrong? Moved From Pennsylvania to the Carolinas? If so does anyone have a record of him having a son by name of Robert?

Posted: 31 Aug 2012 7:27PM GMT
does anyone have any information on Samuel armstrong married to elizabeth of Morgan county,Ohio? He is my great grandfather.
Verna of Ohio
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions