Search for content in message boards

Native Ancestry?

Native Ancestry?

Armitte/Armitt/Picha (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2001 10:38AM GMT
My greatgrandmother Marie Armitte/Armitt?was born in St.Francois Xavier,Manitobia around Nov 1,1886/1887.She married Napoleon Pinette.Her parents were Ernestine Picha/Pecha don't know mother's name.

Re: Native Ancestry?

joanne Arnaud (View posts)
Posted: 29 Oct 2001 12:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
My grandfather's older sister's name was Marie Armitt. We were told she married a Pinnett and lived in B.C. My grandfather's name was Jean Joshua/or Joseph Armitt. He also was born in St. Frances-Xavier Manitoba May 19, 1894. We were told that Marie was the first born, then granpa, then Elizebeth, then Louis, then Tony, and last Auntie Alexina. We were told that their parent's names were Suzanne Piche born in 1870 and Joseph(Brazeau)Armitt born 1869. Suzanne and Joseph married Feb.5, 1889-she was 19 and Joseph was 20. We were always told when we were kids that a David Armitt-who was a fur trader from Orkney,Scotland was our Great-grandfather. We also did a search on this and have come up with a little bit of information. We are searching for anyone related to Marie Pinnet(Armitt) to please contact us.

Posted: 2 Aug 2002 6:53PM GMT
Edited: 5 Aug 2002 4:00PM GMT
Hi Joann, well I think we may have some distant relations. I have been trying on and off for some time to find info on the Armitt name. I will give you my background, and we will see if it helps us. My ggrandmother is Elizabeth Armitt who was born in Ste Rose, Manitoba, she married my great grandfather who was born in St John, North Dakota. His name was George Charles Mosney. This may have been an adopted name. George and Elizabeth Armitt were married in 1917. Another relative of mine Carol Lalonde traced Elizabeth's Piche's parents, her grandmother was Suzanne Piche and great grandmother was Elizabeth Piche (nee Desmarais). This all gets a little confusing, please write back.

Jeff

Posted: 5 Aug 2002 5:51PM GMT
Looking for info, plse contact me

jwgauger@shaw.ca

Posted: 27 Dec 2011 5:14PM GMT
Still looking update email: jgauger001@sympatico.ca

Posted: 27 Dec 2011 7:06PM GMT
Hi, Are you researching the surnames mentioned in the previous messages - ARMITT, ARMIT etc. those messages all seem to be family connected.
If not. Perhaps posting a separate message not connected to the messages posted. Your surname of Interest in Capital Letters in Capital Letters ont he subject line.
Any other information that might help others help you
Cheers, Stella

Posted: 27 Dec 2011 9:34PM GMT
Hi Stella

I was not clear, I was still looking for info from an earlier post in this thread. I'm looking for info on the ARMITT line. Explained in an earlier post.

Thanks

Jeff

Posted: 28 Dec 2011 2:27AM GMT
death date: 08 Aug 1966
death place: Port Alberni, British Columbia, Canada
name: Maria Pinette
birth date: 01 Nov 1890
birthplace: St Rose, Manitoba
marital status: Widow
spouse: Napoleon Pinette
father: William Armite
mother: Susan Piche

Hi Joanne: I found this on the bc archives vital records web site. I live here in the greater vancouver area. I am also a member of Random Acts of Genelogy Kindess. I can get a photocopy of her death certificate for $7.50.

Posted: 28 Dec 2011 2:47AM GMT
death date: 23 Nov 1975
death place: New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
name: Napoleon Auguste Aka Paul Pinette
birth date: 17 Feb 1916
birthplace: St Rose, Manitoba
marital status: Married
spouse: Norma Irene Canessa
father: Napoleon Auguste Pinette
mother: Marie Armitt

This must be a son. I could get a obit from the newspaper. It might list kidsm brothers and sisters. Again I dont charge for my time, but only charge for transportation, copying and postage... so I will do the both death certificates and the obit for $10.00

let me know and I will do this for you

Re: Napoleon Paul Pinette

Posted: 20 Oct 2012 10:40PM GMT
I am researching Napoleon Paul Pinette an ancestor of a friend of mine who is a direct descendent of this person. I believe that he was born in Lawence, Essex Co, MA. and died in October 1951 in Saskatchewan, Canada. Do you have any other information about this ancestor that would help me with my research?

Thanks,

Bob
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions