Search for content in message boards

Passenger list \Ships records (Nestor 1854)

Passenger list \Ships records (Nestor 1854)

Posted: 20 Aug 2012 10:58PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Marks, Richards
I am looking for a Passenger list\ships records for the Nestor which left Plymouth, Devon, England 21 May 1854 and arrived Portland Victoria Australia 16 Sept 1854.
My interest is particularly with the Richards and Marks families who were both on board. If anyone can assist with either details re these families, particularly William Marks and his wife Sarah (nee Richards both from Cornwall England) or advise on how I can aquire a copy of the Passenger list\ships records I would be VERY grateful Regards Fay Marsh

Re: Passenger list \Ships records (Nestor 1854)

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 8:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Unfortunately at this time this is all the information that I could locate. Hope it helps some.

Victoria, Australia, Assisted and Unassisted Passenger Lists, 1839–1923

Name: Williams Marks
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1832
Arrival Date: 16 Sep 1854
Arrival Port: Portland, Australia
Departure Port: Plymouth
Ship: Nestor
Nationality: English and Welsh

Name: Sarah Marks
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1832

Name: Marks
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1854

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 2:13AM GMT
Hello there (sorry I don't know your name)

Thank you so much for going to the trouble of looking that up for me. I am VERY grateful for people such as yourself who go out of their way and are prepared to assist with information that is "difficult" to come by.(or it was for me anyway!) I have been unable to trace these family members back further than their immigration form Cornwall, so this is just the START of the journey for me...........another piece in the jigsaw puzzle!!!

Thank you sincerely once again
Fay. M.

Posted: 28 Mar 2013 2:27AM GMT
Surnames: Marks
Perhaps you can help me. I am researching James Alfred Marks Born about 1848 in Madron Cornwall, England and who arrived in Australia on the "Rodney" in 1878. I am trying to ascertain if this William Marks you are researching is his brother. James lived in the Mount Gambier, South Australia area. Thanks.

Rodor11

Posted: 28 Mar 2013 5:10AM GMT
Hello,

I do have lots of "Marks" people in my tree, but unfortunately James Alfred is not one of them. It is possible however that they were related in some way. i.e. from the same area of Cornwall & settling in Mount Gambier. My (or I should say,my husbands) Marks family, came out on the Nestor as per the message board posting (abt 1854) They first arrived in Portland, stayed a few years and then moved to the Mount Gambier area.

If you think I might have any info that might help you please ask, I would be glad to help

Regards Fay.M.

Posted: 22 Apr 2013 4:19AM GMT
Surnames: Marks
Hi,
I am still searching for information on James Alfred Marks, but perhaps you could help with some information on the William Marks that arrived in Australia on the Nestor in 1854. I am interested in finding out the names of his parents and of any siblings to see if I can tie them in with my research.
Thanks.
Dawn

Posted: 21 Oct 2013 12:22PM GMT
Greetings, I saw the information you had about the Nestor's arrival in Australia in 1854. Would you have any information about Thomas Heard who was also on that ship?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions