Search for content in message boards

O'HAGAN, MULLEN & BRENNAN FROM MAGHERA AREA

Posted: 27 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jan 2005 11:02PM GMT
Surnames: o'hagan, mullan
I know of O'Hagan and Mullans from Dungiven, County Derry. Is is possible they were from there?

O'HAGAN, MULLEN & BRENNAN FROM MAGHERA AREA

M.R. LABREGO (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: O'HAGAN, MULLEN, BRENNAN, LONDONDERRY, MAGHERA
O'Hagan, Mullen, and Brennan families from Maghera, Londonderry, Ireland...1800'S...ANY INFORMATION VERY HELPFUL!
THANK YOU!
Posted: 22 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Sep 2005 3:53PM GMT
Surnames: O'Hagan
Among my ancestors/relatives were three brothers, William, Patrick and James Franklin O'Hagan. They were born in the early 1800s in County Derry, and imigrated to the U.S. in the 1820s. I am seeking their parents, and other family information. James recalled from childhood days gazing on "Banna's deep and silent stream" and the "silver shores of Mayola." Anyone know where this is? Any help appreciated.

Re: O'Hagans

Posted: 7 Jul 2001 2:46AM GMT
James Faulconer, I am trying to contact you regarding a post you made concering a Seth and Benjamin Sinclair. I am descended from Benjamin. Thanking you in advance Al Sinclair at ohmsin @aol.com

Re: O'HAGAN, MULLEN & BRENNAN FROM MAGHERA AREA

Posted: 20 Sep 2001 9:14AM GMT
Edited: 20 Feb 2003 11:10PM GMT
my name is Catheine O Hagan. I am from Maghera in county Derry.My family were living in Maghera in the 1800's. I think they may have been the only O Hagans in the town at the time. Please contact if you need more information.

Patrick O'hagan (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2003 6:18PM GMT
Catherine,

I have sent two replies to your email at cathohagn@hotmail.com but both have been returned. I will try to paste my message here, but please let me know if there is a different address I should be using.

Catherine,

I am so delighted to hear from you! I am Frank's second son and Mary was my aunt. My brother Jim visited with her some years ago at which time I believe they met my grandmother Elizabeth Brennan's last surviving sister, Jenny. My son Eamonn will be visiting Ireland in February while he is
on break from law school, and so I am anxious to gather as much contact information as possible in the hope that he will be able to meet with some family.

My Aunt Mary never married, but she was like a second mother to me and my four brothers and four sisters (Frank, Mary, James, Margaret, Catherine, Joseph, Kevin and Anne Rose). I am 55 years old and have three children: Patrick, Eamonn and Jenny who I presume are of your generation. My
understanding is that my grandfather Hugh was married to your great-grandmother, whose name I do not know, and that they had sons James in 1906 and John Joseph in 1910. Some time after that, his wife died and he came to the US where he married Elizabeth Brennan (also from Maghera) in 1916.
Aunt Mary (Mary Rose was born in 1917 and died in 1984. My father Frank (Hughie) was born in 1920 and died in 1983.

I also understand that one or both of their brothers came to live with them for a while in the US, but were homesick and returned to Ireland. I have a Xmas card sent to my Aunt Mary in 1981 from John J. and Lily. Would Lily be your grandmother?

Here are some of the things I would most like to know:

1. The name of Hugh's first wife
2. The date of their marriage and the date she died.
3. The church where they married and were baptized.
4. The names of Hugh's parents and his siblings. Was Hugh raised on a farm?
5. The names of John J. and James O'Hagan's children, and which of them are still in the area.
6. They must have been very young when Hugh came to the US. Who cared for them?
7. Where exactly was Hugh born
8. What did he do for a living; he used to talk about driving a horse-drawn hearse and working at a whiskey distillery .
9. Do you know anything about Elizabeth Brennan's family. I believe there were 14 children including Kate (who I knew as a very young boy when she lived in Philadelphia with her husband Patrick Merrin, also from Maghera, I believe), Rose, Jenny, Brigid, and one brother Frank.
10. Did Elizabeth Brennan's family attend the same church as Hugh's family?
11. Is it proper to be using Maghera as the place where all my family came from, or is that the main town that would be given for people who were actually from smaller nearby villages?

My brother Jim is trying to find his contact information from the time he visited with my Aunt Mary. But that occurred in 1981, and much may have changed since then. I would appreciate any addresses, phone numbers or emails you can provide. I also have a million other questions and hope you won't mind me writing again. Again, I can't tell you how delighted I am to hear from you.

Posted: 14 Sep 2003 4:50PM GMT
Edited: 14 Sep 2003 10:09PM GMT
Hi ,
I am wondering if you know any Kearneys as you stay there My dads family is from there well MacKnagh on a farm which I believe is not far from you, my dad is Joseph borm 1934 he was the youngest of 11 children. His das was William and mum was MaryAnne McCreadie.I have the rest of the childrens names if you know anything.

Thanks alot Selina
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions