History Links

History Links

Robert Gordon (View posts)
Posted: 28 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gordon
Looking for Great Grandparents, James Gordon b:April 14th,
1820, Scotland, married Elizabeth Jane [?] b:Sept.16th, 1839
Quebec, about 1860. Both were Presbyterians. They may have had 4 boys and 1 girl born in Quebec. The girls name was Mary, b:1863 {this is a certainty}. The family moved to Ont.
in 1864 or early 1865 where 2 more girls and 4 boys were born. I have all of the Ontario information, should anyone require it. I believe that James was the son of John and Margaret[Robertson] Gordon of Aberdeen, Scotland. Any info. on Elizabeth Jane and children, greatly appreciated. Thanx
Posted: 30 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2001 7:44PM GMT
Surnames: Gordon, Brensell
I am searching for Frank (maybe Francois or Francis) Gordon born around 1840's had at least one daughter Mary Elizabeth born Dec 31 1868 ? in Williamstown PQ He was married to Margaret Brensell spelling may very if translated to United States. That is all I have to go on I do know their daughter Mary came to New York at Ft Covington and married 1st Morse Murray 1891 2nd she married O Peter Lafountain maybe Olivier he was born in Dannemora New York they lived in Ellensburg New York and eventually came to St. Albans Vermont. if you have any links I would appreciate it.

Re: History Links

Posted: 27 Dec 2012 11:36PM GMT
Surnames: Gordon
James Gordon is my Great Great Grandfather: William John Gordon's son Richmond is my maternal grandfather. I am looking into this part of the family now, trying to find marriage and birth records from the Quebec years.

I am pretty certain that Elizabeth Jane's last name is Morgan, and that her parents came to Quebec from Ireland. Her death certificate lacks her parents' names, which is unusual and disappointing!

All my info is in my Smith Gordon Tree.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions