Search for content in message boards

DODSON

Posted: 24 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Sep 2003 1:16AM GMT
Looking for any information on Matthew or Amanda DODSON. Matthew was buried in Smoots Cemetery and removed to Mason City Cemetery later. Searching for descendants and relationship between DODSON family and SMOOT family. Barb Martin, P.O. Box 101, Newton, IL 62448.

MATTHEW DODSON

Posted: 17 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2003 1:16AM GMT
Surnames: DODSON James, MCCARTY, MULFORD, DODSON John, CAMBRON, BOONE, FRASIER, WILCOX
Looking for ancestors of Thomas & Cornelius McCarty. Information on the Smoots that had cemetery in Menard Co. where Matthew and Amanda Dodson were originally buried. Dodsons traveled from Va, White Co., TN, KY and IL.

DODSON FAMILY

Judith A. Dodson (View posts)
Surnames: Dodson

The DODSON family numbers in the thousands, Morman records are in excess of 19 volumes, also Dawes Rolls registry for Cherokee Nation has info. If I can help let me know
Judi TwoFeathers-Pacer,Dodson-Specci

DODSON

Judith A. Dodson (View posts)
Surnames: Dodson
Edwin Hall DODSON married Bertha Alice, native americans, in Pennsylvania in the 1800's, lived on a farm several hundred acres right next to the reservation, Edwin was one of 19 brothers,and he and Bertha had 19 children,too, but not all of them lived.All that lived from both generations had large families, and migrated to Ohio,W VA, Mi,Ok,Omaha, Calif, Ill, Indiana, actually the Mormans books numbered 19 volumes of us last time I checked. Also information is available in the Dawes Rolls Registry books.
Cherokee Nation
I may be reached by email at
Roadrun777@aol.com

Dodson geneology

Cozette Dodson (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Dodson, Hill, Cooke, Kelsey
Your message re: Menard County, IL interested me because I agree with your assessment of the enormous Dodson geneology that exists. My immediate family didn't have much contact with my father's side of the family and therefore, I have very little information to go on. My father's parents were Charles Dodson and Hattie Hill. My mother's parents were Dan Cooke and Hattie Hill. They all seem to have a strong connection to western KY and southern IL. My mother mentioned several times that we had some Cherokee Indian heritage also but was never exact about which side had this heritage. My grandfather, Dan Cooke, seems to have features which made me wonder if he was the connection. I remember in particular, that he had beautiful bone structure in his face. Anyway, I know my Dodson grandparents had at least five children - John (Jack), Jesse, Mac, Sally and my father, George. My mother's parents had four children and I found the death records for three of them. Their names were Melton, Cozette (my mother), Claud, and Motel. If you find any information connected with this line of Dodson's, I would love to hear from you. Thanks again for offering help. Cozette

Re: Dodson geneology

Posted: 14 Oct 2002 2:55AM GMT
Surnames: Dodson,Blue,Hyder,Wright,Chapman spouses of Dodson's
Dodson,
Carl Dodson, Karl Marx Dodson,Carl M. Dodson
wives Grace,Ida Blu,and Bertha Phyllis
born in Williamsburgh Penn. records burned at County Seat.
was in Navy,and a Marine
Father to three branches from three marriages
His father also listed as Edwin Hall Dodson and Edward Dodson, buried in Perrysburgh,Penn.
Still tracing ancestors.
The name was given to the family by the white indian schools
Allegheny Indians, Allegheny Mountians, etc.
Still looking for those 29 volumes of us. Lots of decendants.
Judi
Ggrandma smoked pipe and lived on res.cost 16 horses because she was the daughter of a Chief.

Re: DODSON

Posted: 14 Oct 2002 3:04AM GMT
See Dodson Clan
Biographies and all boards Oct.13,2002
Updated info. Judi

Re: Dodson geneology

Posted: 11 Dec 2010 4:45PM GMT
My mother was Grace who was married to Karl Marx Dodson. They had two children, William Earl Dodson and Karrol Jennine Dodson Mackert. Bill passed away in August 2010. Karrol lives in GA and is in poor health. Karl left when Karrol was 2 and Bill was 4. We have no other information on the family.

Re: MATTHEW DODSON

Posted: 1 Aug 2011 2:26AM GMT
Edited: 1 Aug 2011 2:31AM GMT
Surnames: Dodson, McCarty, Mulford, Cambron
Hi there,

I am a descendent of Dodson, McCarty, Mulford, Cambron lineage. My maternal grandmother was Rose Dodson. Cambron, McCarty and Mulfords are in our tree, the specific people you mention. If you would like to connect, please email me at taralharmon@gmail.com.

Take care,
Tara Harmon
per page

Find a board about a specific topic