Search for content in message boards

McBREARTY

McBREARTY

Norman Blomberg (View posts)
Posted: 12 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McBREARTY
Patrick McBrearty, born March 31 1877, was living in Taylor, Williamson Co., Texas at the time he enlisted in the Cavelry for the Spanish American War. His enlistment papers indicate he was a clerk in Taylor at the time of enlistment April 28, 1898. He is my wife's grandfather. We are looking for any information about Patrick.

McBreartys

bob Clements (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Hope you got my separate e-mail. I forgot to sign it! Please let me know if you have any questions or additional information.

Since Patrick was born in Texas in 1877, it's possible that his father was there before Francis, who was still living in Pennsylvania in 1873. Perhaps Francis went to Taylor knowing he had relatives already there?

Re: McBREARTY

Posted: 22 May 2012 4:33AM GMT
Patrick McBrearty was my great uncle. He was one of 11 children born to Francis McBrearty and Elizabeth Jameson or Jamison. He was married twice. You can find all of the information that I have been able to find on Ancestry.com under the McBrearty Family Tree.

If you would like to ask any questions, my number is 979-691-2272.

Patty McBrearty Groff

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 3:11PM GMT
Surnames: McBrearty
Patrick McBrearty, born 31 March 1877, married to Thekla Penshorn was my husband's grandfather. I would love any information you have on this family line. I am also on Ancestry.com but don't know how to access your information on the same site.

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 7:49PM GMT
Easy! Click the logon name, then click "view profile". There's only two family trees so click on the McBrearty to open.

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 8:44PM GMT
Recommend you validate info on that family tree. Per documentation, Patrick was in 1920 Pennsylvania. Untrue, he, Thekla, Anna, and William found 1920 CA-Sacramento-Sacramento Assembly District 15-District 128-Image 30. Too the comments by Bob Clements on 19 Oct 1999 are worthy of note. Patrick's birthplace and parents need additional research.

Posted: 1 Dec 2012 4:46AM GMT
Classification: Bible
According to the family bible of Francis McBrearty and Elizabeth Jameson, Patrick was born in s. Heberton, Pa on March 31,1877. There are ww1 draft records for someone with his birthdate according to Sacramento County, Ca rolls. I also found a marriage listed for him to Marie M cClary in Classen, Ca on August 1'1922. His parents are listed as Francis McBrearty and Elizabeth Jameson, my great grandparents.
He died in Sacramento on May 1, 1938.

The family bible also tracks the family from Penn to Missouri in August, 1877, and to Texas ( Palestine, Taylor, and San Antonio).

Posted: 1 Dec 2012 8:37AM GMT
Meaning no disrepect to you or your ancestors! Family history, written or oral, needs supporting documentation! You have Patrick's WWI Draft registration in Sacramento on 12 Sep 1918. You also have Thekla's death 1920 Sacramento. Then you have a 1920 census of Philadelphia for Patrick. Something is amiss thus my earlier comments to validate research. He returned to Pennsylvania the year his wife died? Too, a quick lookup revealed at least five siblings remained in Texas. What year did Patrick settle in California?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions