Search for content in message boards

Michael FUTRELL, b. 1805 NC

Michael FUTRELL, b. 1805 NC

Donna Wolf (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2000 6:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Searching for info on Michael Futrell born Dec 1805 on No. Hampton Co. NC died 1883 in IN married Mary Rix NC.. children Enos born in Clinton Co. Ohio Jordan...Elizabeth..Nancy..Joseph...Martin...Michael...any info would be appreciated..

Re: Michael FUTRELL

Posted: 25 Mar 2000 8:40PM GMT
Edited: 31 Oct 2001 1:34AM GMT
Michael Futrell m. Mary Rix daughter of Jordan Rix and Nancy Hester, Mary had siblings James M., Nancy, and maybe Elizabeth, Sarah. Jordan Rix married Sarah (Kane) Hallam after Nancy's death and had children: Elmira Ellen and Joseph H. Elmira m. Daniel A. Watson and moved first to Minnesota and then to Kansas, where she died. Looking for information concerning Jordan Rix and Sarah Kane Hallam Rix, my 2nd great grandparents. Sharon Leigh (slnelson@ indiana.edu)

Michael Futrell

Sharon Futrell Brooks (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2000 4:16PM GMT
Hello Cousins!
I am the great grand-daughter of Joseph Futrell and the great great grand-daughter of Michael Futrell and Mary Rix.
I too, have much information.

Re: Michael FUTRELL -- son Martin FUTRELL

Posted: 12 Sep 2000 8:09PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 6:08PM GMT
Does any of your information include specifics about Martin, one of the sons of Michael Futrell and Mary Rix. I have a marriage record that says Martin married Sarah Nelson, 21 Feb. 1866. I have a Sarah Nelson in my family and I would like to know if this is the Sarah that he married. My Sarah, born 1846 is the dau. of Jonas Nelson of Blackford Co., IN. Hope you can tell me.

Margaret

Re: Mary (Rix) FUTRELL -- daughter of Jordan & Nancy RIX

Posted: 6 May 2001 10:22AM GMT
Edited: 15 Jul 2001 1:47PM GMT
Sharon,
I am a descendant of Jordan and Nancy Rix through their daughter Elizabeth who married Samuel Kizer in 1840 in Clinton Co., Ohio. Samuel and Elizabeth Kizer came to
Grant Co.,IN in 1852 from Clinton Co.,OH and that is where I live. I have a copy of the death record of Mary Rix Futrell, a daughter of Jordan and Nancy wherein it is stated that the mother of Mary was Nancy Griffin. I came across your post of March 25, 2000 on the Futrell Surname Message Board and see that you feel Nancy's name to be Hester. After much research on the Hesters today, I feel you may be correct. Samuel and Elizabeth named one of their sons Urban Harvey Kizer. From what I have found today, Nancy Hester had a brother Urban and her brother David had a son named Urban Harvey. Also in the Blackford Co., IN court records, pertaining to the estate settlement of Jordan Rix deceased, of Clinton Co.,Ohio David Hester receives a tract of land in Clinton Co. as a heir of Jordan Rix. Some of the older children of Jordan and Nancy were born in Northampton Co.,NC before they came to Ohio. An 1785 census of that county lists William and Dempsey Rix, Robert and James
Griffin and many Futrells, all on page 25. I have found no Hesters on this census. My question would be-----just where and how did Jordan and Nancy Hester get married?? It
seems the Hesters came from Germany to PA. Were they in the Quaker settlement in NC? The Rix(Ricks) were Quakers. My mother, a Kizer, claimed to be a "birth right Quaker" but I have found nothing to show that the Kizers were Quaker.
I found your post to be very, very interesting and was wondering if maybe you have new information since a year ago. I have been to the New Antioch Cemetery in Clinton Co. and have a picture of Nancy's stone. Still trying to find who the parents of Samuel Kizer were. If you have any hought on that, let me know. Most of the early settlers of Grant and Blackford counties came from the Clinton Co. area. The
Futrells, Griffins, Nelsons, Olivers and others came from NC by way of Clinton Co.
Best regards,
David Watson

Re: Michael Futrell

Posted: 9 Mar 2002 1:21AM GMT
Surnames: Futrell, Swingley, leonard
Hi Sharon,

I'm also related to Michael and Joseph Futrell. I'd be interested in info that you have.

Alice (Futrell) Harding (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2002 2:47PM GMT
Sharon, are you the grandchild of Carl Futrell?

George Emshwiller (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2002 1:57AM GMT
Hello, Michael was my great-great-great grand father. His great grand daughter Amy was my grand mother. She married my grand father George Emshwiller in Hartford City, Indiana in 1929. If I can help you with any information, please let me know. George

Re: Michael FUTRELL, b. 1805 NC

Posted: 2 Sep 2008 11:39PM GMT
Surnames: Futrell
Hi,

My father was descended from the Micheal Futrell you mentioned on the message board. I have a bit of info if you are interested.

Alice (Futrell) Harding

Posted: 2 Sep 2008 11:42PM GMT
Surnames: Futrell
Hi Sharon,

I think we are cousins. Carl Futrell was my grandfather. I'd love to from you.

Alice (Futrell) Harding Dad was Norman Futrell
per page

Find a board about a specific topic