Search for content in message boards

Family Motto and Coat of Arms

Family Motto and Coat of Arms

Posted: 23 Nov 2004 1:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hauck
I have been looking for the Hauck Motto and I hae not been able to find it. Also while i was looking i stubled upon two diffrent hauck Coat of arms one of them has a sable shield with gold lozenges the other one has a blue and gold shield that is split with a loin one the shield and also a lion for the crest. Are both of these the Coat of arms or is one a fake? I would really like to know for personal sake. Also would anyone happen to know the motto?

Re: Family Motto and Coat of Arms

tim hauck (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2004 11:15AM GMT
Hi

Both are fake. When I was in Germany in 1989 doing research I went to the State Archives in Ludwigshafen and got to talk to a researcher doing a fellowship there from the US. He explained to me that the crest with the lions which was supposedly dated to the 11th century was too ornate for that time considering who it was alleged to belong to. He pointed out details in the crest that weren't even in usage at that time.
The other crest which is more simple, is simply a product of someones imagination since it does not show up on any heraldry records I have ever seen.

Thanks

Tim Hauck

tim hauck (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2004 11:17AM GMT
Hi

Sorry for the second note. On the more ornate crest, the motto is "Ich trew mein stern"
Which is suppose to be very old German for 'I am true to my star". However, it really does quite translate that way.

Thanks again

Tim Hauck

Tim Hauck (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2004 9:29PM GMT
Thank you for that information. I have beening haveing terrible luck finding a good sincer copy of the Coat of Arms. Thank you again.

Posted: 23 Jan 2008 8:25PM GMT
Surnames: Hauck
Writing: Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg
Emblem Baden-Württemberg - to the homepage
Logo: Emigration from Southwest Germany This is just one it applys to the family of that area I believe Hauck

Posted: 26 Mar 2008 12:32PM GMT
Please see my previous posts regarding Hauck nobility.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions