Search for content in message boards

wilkersons in NC, VA

wilkersons in NC, VA

Posted: 17 Apr 2000 12:56PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2002 3:17PM GMT
Have information on John Young Wilkerson and brother David, b abt 1730, Va, moved to Granville Co, NC.
Need information on their parents from Va. Any help?

Wilkersons in NC, VA

Posted: 26 Apr 2000 11:54AM GMT
Edited: 7 Nov 2001 8:48PM GMT
I believe I am descended from Harmon Wilkerson of Lunenburg Co, VA and Granville Co, NC. Harmon was born circa 1755. I believe Harmon's father was William Wilkerson. Harmon had uncles named John and David. Do you think there is a connection?

wilkersons in Va

Posted: 29 Apr 2000 12:12PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2002 3:17PM GMT
Wanda: Yes, it sounds like a good connection. My information is that David, John and William Wilkerson came from Virginia together to Granville Co. NC. However, I found the name spelled :Hammon or Hammond. I'd be glad to send you what I've got. Do you have any more info on the family in Va?

Wilmuth Wilkerson/NC

Posted: 2 May 2000 11:34AM GMT
Edited: 29 Aug 2001 2:42AM GMT
I'm searching for parents and siblings of WILMUTH WILKERSON b.about 1802 NC m.BENJAMIN PERSON COZART in Granville Co., NC in 1820. You may contact me at carol@texnet.net

Re: wilkersons in Va

Susan Wood (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 2002 7:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wilkerson
Sheila,

I know your query is kind of old on rootsweb but I just say it and wondered if your Wilkerson information has my ancestor. In the 1850 census for Virginia there is a Martin Wilkerson with wife, Sarah, and sons James and Samuel. There is also a Susan, but she might be a wife to James or a sister. I believe the county is Lee. Samuel was disowned by his family at the civil war because he fought for the Union. Do you have any information?

Thanks,
Susan Wood

Posted: 18 Jan 2006 9:55PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2007 3:57AM GMT
I am interested in sharing information on this line of Wilkersons. I'm very interested to know what you information on the brothers is, and if the confusion about the William Wilkerson, father and son, has been worked out. My husband is descended from Hammon, through his son Lemuel.

Nancy Wilkerson (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2006 3:06AM GMT
Surnames: Wilkerson, Harris, Denson, Manley, Wilmeth
I too am interested in this family, as I believe that my husband's family is descended through Hammon's son Elijah. I too am willing to compare notes with anyone on this line.

Thanks,
Nancy

Posted: 19 Jan 2006 8:46PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2007 3:57AM GMT
Hello Nancy,

Thanks for you quick response. I think the simplest way to exchange data would be with the exchange of GEDCOM files. I have over 2500 individuals in my Wilkerson file. If you are agreeable to this, I will make a CD of my files to mail to you as soon as I have an address. My address is: 4903 Princeton, Amarillo, Texas, 79109.

I don't have much on your Elijah, except for a birthdate of abt 1778 and wife Mary "Polly" Holt.

Of course, most of my data is on descendants of Lemuel, but I do have quite a bit on some of the other siblings as well.

Thanks again,
Bev

Diane Cox (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2006 10:58AM GMT
Beverly, I am also researching Wilkersons. My Wilkerson is Archibald and I am wondering if you know whether or not William was from England or from Scotland. My branch is definitely Scottish and he probably came to the US as an young child in the mid 1770s, to the Cape Fear area. I have run down a lot of other Archibalds in NC during that time period but haven't hit on the definite connection to a family. I know that Hammon Wilkerson was supposed to have had two families and many of the members of his family settled in the same district in Troup County with my Archibald and his descendants.

Abigail Banks Dennison (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2006 6:26PM GMT
Surnames: WILKERSON, LYLES, DERIEUX, QUINN, SHIPLEY
I am very interestedly following these emails regarding WILKERSONS IN VA. I too have WILKERSONs from Virginia, Amelia Co., Va. Thomas WILKERSON b 1772 Amelia Co., Va. and his brother, my ggg-grandfather, Robert W. WILKERSON b 1778/79 either Amelia Co., Va. or NC. Does anyone know of any connection betw. my WILKERSONs and this other WILKERSON line?

The wives of Robt. W. WILKERSON are unknown. The wives of Thomas WILKERSON were the following:
1. A Mrs. COBB
2. Sarah (King) WILLIAMS
3. Mrs. Millie CLARK, niece of Mrs. Job CLARK of Washington Co., Va., Abingdon, Va. He died Feb. 3, 1856 & is bur. Abingdon Va., old Methodist Church.
Abigail
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions