Search for content in message boards

Echols Mine, Echols, KY

Echols Mine, Echols, KY

Wendy (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 2001 1:45PM GMT
Surnames: Childress/Moore/Hudson/Harness/Moffitt
Does anyone have any info on the Echols Mine which was owned by Louisville Gas & Electric. Would have been in operation in the late 1880's/early 1900's. Located in Echols, Ohio Co., KY. My grandfather worked for the mine and was a member of the U.M.W. of A. Local 678. I have a dues receipt out of Central City, KY.

Re: Echols Mine, Echols, KY

shirley watson smith (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2001 1:10PM GMT
I wrote and published a book on "History of Rockport and Echols." I have an article in it on the Echols mine. If you will send me your snail mail address, I will make copy of that article and mail it to you.
I only have two copies of the book left, which sells for $20.
Shirley Watson Smith
sawsmith@ohiocounty.net

Helen McKeown (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2001 5:26PM GMT
Account books for Echols Mines are in the manuscript section of the Kentucky Library at Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green. Can access listing via www.kyvl.org

Wendy (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2001 4:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Childress/Moore/Hudson/Daily
Thank you! I'll check it out!

Wendy (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2001 9:02PM GMT
Surnames: Childress/Moore/Hudson/Daily
Thank you Helen... I tried that website and cannot figure out how to get anywhere in it. Please tell me where to click?
Thanks..

L. Dale SHRADER (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2001 6:50PM GMT
Shirley,
I am researching my SHRADER, WILSON, PATTERSON, BRATCHER, HICKS, and GRANT families lines, And they are from, and lived in and around this area of Ky.

I am very interested in your book. Can you please contact me with any info that you may have on my lines, and how I can purchase your book.?

Thank you very much. My e- address is ldale@shelbynet.net

L. Dale SHRADER
per page

Find a board about a specific topic