Search for content in message boards

Wm Joseph Heisler

Wm Joseph Heisler

Posted: 4 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Oct 2001 11:33PM GMT
Surnames: Heisler
I am looking for infomration on Wm. Joseph Heisler. He was a Capt. in the Iron and Coal Police in the 1860 - 1880's?. He lived in Minersville, Schuylkill and had sons named Geroge, Frank and William. I have information on all three sons but I do not have any information on Wm. Joseph Heisler.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it greatly.

Thanks

HEISLER family

Posted: 13 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2001 3:14AM GMT
Surnames: HEISLER, KURTZ, KELLER
My great-grandmother was Barbara Ann HEISLER, [b.1831] supposedly the thirteenth child of George HEISLER and Anna Maria YOST. I have pictures of these two which I will soon post to the scrapbook. I do not have a coomplete list of all of the other children of George and Anna Maria, but I am trying to accumulate such a list. We need to compare notes. Please send names and dates that you know of to me at ellawins@att.net.

Re: Wm Joseph Heisler

Posted: 11 Apr 2006 7:09PM GMT
Surnames: HEISLER
I haven't found any William Joseph Heisler who was in the Iron and Coal Police, but I have found a man named Franklin Heisler who was in the Coal and Iron Police and had sons George, Frank, and William, as you describe. They went to Prescott, Arizona, some time in the 1880's. Do these sound like the Heislers you are talking about?

Marie Van Laeys (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2006 8:57PM GMT
Surnames: Heisler/Reinhardt/Hornung/Stein
There was a William Heilser married to Margaret Reinhard Hornung in the 1880 census living on Center St.in Pottsville, Schuylkill County and proprietor of a Hotel. There were entries at the end of the LDS census which were entered incorrectly with the names Hornung with ditto marks which was incorrect they should have all been Heisler. I believe William and his first wife had a son by the name of William which was listed in the 1870 census.
Marie
So. Calif
njtransplant@cox.net

Posted: 12 Apr 2006 1:52PM GMT
Edited: 13 Apr 2006 8:27PM GMT
These are not the same Heislers. The William Heisler that I was referring to was enumerated with his family in Minersville in 1870.

Re: HEISLER family

Posted: 4 Jan 2007 1:22AM GMT

Reference Ellawins3 query of 13 Sep 2000. If you are still out there please contact me and send new email address. I have info on Barbara, George, & Anna Maria Heisler.
I am grandson of George, one of the three brothers that went to Arizona as discussed in Molye's posting of
11 Apr 06. My family runs George b.1864/ Franklin b.1830/
Joseph b.1808/ George b.1784 m. to Anna M b.1888.
Happy to exchange info with anyone interested.

Posted: 4 Jan 2007 4:35PM GMT
It would appear from the Social Security Death Index that Ella Winsbro passed away on 15 January 2006.

Posted: 6 Jan 2007 12:21AM GMT
My connection to Heislers is through descedents of my ancestor, Dirck Keyser, who came from Amsterdam Holland in 1688 to Germantown, Pennsylvania. A female of the Keyser line married a Heisler of the family which gave its name to Heislerville, New Jersey. I can provide additional details to anyone interested.

Tyson C. Kinsell

Posted: 6 Jan 2007 12:22AM GMT
My connection to Heislers is through descedents of my ancestor, Dirck Keyser, who came from Amsterdam Holland in 1688 to Germantown, Pennsylvania. A female of the Keyser line married a Heisler of the family which gave its name to Heislerville, New Jersey. I can provide additional details to anyone interested.

Tyson C. Kinsell

Posted: 6 Jan 2007 12:23AM GMT

Tyson C. Kinsell
per page

Find a board about a specific topic