Search for content in message boards

To All Searching For McCarthy Roots

To All Searching For McCarthy Roots

Posted: 30 Mar 2013 4:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
I spent 40 years to finally tracing my roots to Inch, Dunmanway, Co Cork, Ireland. I suggest all visit http://www.dunmanwayhistoricalassociation.com/
and click on MacCarthy's of Cork Cultural Week End on the right column under Recent Listings. I further highly recommend that you join the Ancestry.com McCarthy DNA study under curator Nigel McCarthy who will be at the Dunmanway week end. Incidentally my roots go back to Florence in Dunmanway about 1790. Contact me or have a drink with me in Dunmanway 31 June 2013. --- Justin

Re: To All Searching For McCarthy Roots

Posted: 31 Mar 2013 12:02PM GMT
Surnames: MacCarthy, McCarthy, McCarthy Reagh, McCarthy Mor, McCarthy Gaibhdeach
I would like to know is anyone is interested in a proper "social" gathering of the clan. I'm trying to find 100 years missing to link our McCarthy Gaibhdeach(alternative spelling gaighdeach)from Garralacka, Clonakilty back to the main Reagh branch it comes from - we know this thanks to a cousin doing Nigel's DNA test. I have visited the link you put & found a whole day of talks & tour & then an evening with traditional music but there is no accommodation in the package & no itinery for Sunday. What are people doing about the social meet up? Where will people stay? Costs? My public tree is Josephine Salt FamilyTree Halloween 2012' & email josephinedunn@tiscali.co.uk

Posted: 2 Apr 2013 1:50AM GMT
To: josephinedunn@tiscali.co.uk
CC: patrickmc_carthy@hotmail.com, mccarthygen@tiscali.co.uk
Sent: 4/1/2013 9:46:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: Dunmanway McCarthy Week End.

Joseph: I am not sure what a real proper social gathering is, but I will be hanging around Pat McCarthy's Pub in down town Dunmanway. I am staying in a near by B&B, but that is the extent of my arrangements thus far. Pat is on cc and his tele for you there in Cork is 011 353 0(23)88 55196. ---- Jud

PS: Nigel on copy will be there and is most likely the one to ask about your questions.

Justin (Jud) McCarthy
251 SW 9th Ave
Boca Raton, FL 33486
Home (561)391-1422 Cell: (561)504-7048

Posted: 2 Apr 2013 1:51AM GMT
To: josephinedunn@tiscali.co.uk
CC: patrickmc_carthy@hotmail.com, mccarthygen@tiscali.co.uk
Sent: 4/1/2013 9:46:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: Dunmanway McCarthy Week End.

Joseph: I am not sure what a real proper social gathering is, but I will be hanging around Pat McCarthy's Pub in down town Dunmanway. I am staying in a near by B&B, but that is the extent of my arrangements thus far. Pat is on cc and his tele for you there in Cork is 011 353 0(23)88 55196. ---- Jud

PS: Nigel on copy will be there and is most likely the one to ask about your questions.

Justin (Jud) McCarthy
251 SW 9th Ave
Boca Raton, FL 33486
Home (561)391-1422 Cell: (561)504-7048

Posted: 8 Apr 2013 1:45AM GMT
Jud,
So glad you are there to go to this gathering. Please contact me by email when you return. I've been trying to get permission from a male McCarthy cousin to join Nigels's DNA study.
More later
Joyce

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 1:27AM GMT
Surnames: McCarthy
Justin if you mean 31 May, I'll welcome the meeting and a pint. My great grandfather was Denis McCarthy born in what I understand is Skibbereen in 1859 to Denis and Mary O'Driscoll.

Brian Joseph McCarthy
Brian@Cloudcaboodle.com
Orlando Florida USA

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 1:36AM GMT
Jud hello again. I see that you are also from Florida. Where and when did your family arrive from Ireland? Denis arrived the summer of 1883 via NYC.

Posted: 18 Jun 2013 12:38PM GMT
I have been searching for my great grandmother, Mary Catherine McCarthy, born in County Cork, came to the United States, married in 1917, and died in 1936 in Waterbury Connecticut. Her father was Patrick and mother Mary. I can find nothing on her. She had 4 children, Carmella, Catherine, Joseph and Paul. Her husband was Joseph Clemento. Anything?????

Posted: 18 Jun 2013 12:40PM GMT
and if there were to be any information you could email me at barbiea029@aol.com

Posted: 18 Jun 2013 12:46PM GMT
and if you find anything please email me at barbiea029@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions