Search for content in message boards

HAAS

Posted: 7 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 May 2002 6:06PM GMT
Surnames: HAAS, CLEAVER
1890 Census Girardville,Pa(middle ward)Schuylkill County
HAAS,Susanna,Parker St. John E. 25 Merchant,Libby S.
John E. had a General Store for many years.Was he born in Girardville?? Was Susanna his Mother??? Libby S.his sister??
What was Fathers name??/Gladly share info.
Thanks
Nancy Lou

Sweeney, Susie

Posted: 25 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Feb 2004 5:33AM GMT
Surnames: Sweeney, Devitt, Fahey, Lynch, Miller, Sweeney
Nancy Lou, This query has to do with your last name at present, Sweeney. I am looking for a Susie Sweeney who would have passed away in 1925 or 1926 in the winter as there was lots of snow on the ground and the funeral party feared that the horsedrawn funeral carriage was going to slide right down the mt. side. Susie was related to my great-grandfather, Anthony Devitt. Once his father had died in a coal mining accident in 1866 and his mother died a few years later in a house fire, Anthony moved in with the Sweeneys. They were related, but I don't know how? Mother's family? In-laws on his father's side? Anthony lived with his parents before the tragedies in Norwegian Twp., Schuylkill Co., PA. His father is buried in Minersville, PA. Can't find his mother's grave, perhaps there isn't any if she burned to death? In the 1880's he's married to Catherine Fahey and they are living in Ashland, Schuylkill Co., PA until about 1892 or 93 when they move to Phila., as Catherine's lungs were bad from the coal dust. My cousin said that her mom had gone to Susie's funeral and that it was either in Ashland, Tamaqua, Girardsville and there are two other places that escape my mind at present, I was just there in the summer - signs of aging! Sorry I can't help with your inquiry...Pat Bennett

Sweeney,Susie

Posted: 26 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 May 2002 6:06PM GMT
Pat
Sorry,can't help you at this time.Will keep it on file.
Nancy Lou
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions