Search for content in message boards

Schwantes and Mellenthin families, Marathon County

Schwantes and Mellenthin families, Marathon County

Bob Carlson (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2002 1:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Schwantes Mellenthin Carlson
I am interested in exchange of information on the Schwantes and Mellenthin surnames and early histories of Spencer and Brighton Townships in Marathon County, Wisconsin.
I have much information on the Schwantes families but very little on the Mellenthin families.

Re: Schwantes and Mellenthin families, Marathon County

Michael Mellenthin (View posts)
Posted: 8 Oct 2002 8:56PM GMT
I'm from Germany and I thing that I can give some information about the Mellenthin Family. If you are interested give a short message to my Email
greetings Michael mellenthin

Posted: 21 Nov 2004 8:02PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Edited: 18 Aug 2006 10:17PM GMT
Surnames: Voss, Foss, Schwantes, Stargardt, Olson,Bintzler, Belanger, Gochey (Gokey), Belanger
Your name of Schwantes caught my eye. My grandmother's father, Albert William Siebarth was married twice with one with a Ernestine Emily Schwantes. The info that I have is that they had 3 children, with one passing in infancy.( Albert Herman Frank Siebarth & Leona Marie Siebarth, were the other children) If any of this matches anything you have please contact asap. Areas of my family tree are in Marathon county, with cities or towns listed as Colby, Stratford, Spencer, Abbottsford, Rozellville, Marshfield, Brighton.

Jody Mellenthin (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2005 7:32PM GMT
i CAN PROBABLY HELP - MY GRANDMOTHER WAS FROM WISCONSIN AND SHE MARRIED HERMAN MELLENTHIN - MY GRANDFATHER -WHO BECAME QUITE FAMOUS IN THE DOG WORLD - OWNING A COCKER SPANIEL (my own brucie) WHO WON MADISON SQ GARDEN TWO YEARS IN A ROW. WHY DON'T YOU EMAIL ME AND WE CAN CHAT. INCIDENTLY, HERMAN WAS RELATED TO THE MELLENTHIN WHO HAD A LOT TO DO WITH THE PANZER IN GERMANY!

Roger V. Foss (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2005 11:17PM GMT
Surnames: Foss, Voss, Siebarth, Stargardt, Schmidt, Landwehr, Olson, Schwantes, Griepentrog, Smith, Belanger, Gochey(Gokey?), Kuester, Neumann, Strei, Hahn, Brandl, Wettstein, Wood, Lutz, Hoops H,
Hello. I have some Schwantes showing up in my family tree. An Ernestine Emily Schwantes married June 10th, 1892 to an Albert William Seibarth. Albert was born in Pommerania. I also have several other Schwantes in the tree. If this sounds familiar to you, please contact. Have a great 2005. Hope we are related some where.

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 3:31PM GMT
albert siebarth 2nd marriage was to ida schwantes(gripentrog) she was married to frank schwantes, this was my grandmothers parents (hattie schwantes married to herman manthe sr.)my findings was that albert sr. had 4 children albert jr., mrs.albert (minnie) foss, mrs. howard (vera) smith, and mrs.henery (lenoa) miller.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic