Search for content in message boards

Catholic family Eberhardt from Russia

Catholic family Eberhardt from Russia

Posted: 31 May 2008 10:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,
I found out that my great grandfather Alexander Eberhardt had 20 siblings and that someone of them emigrated from Russia to the US but I never found one.
I know that they were Catholics.
I would appreciate if someone would answer.

Lydia Eberhardt

Re: Catholic family Eberhardt from Russia

Posted: 5 Aug 2010 1:22AM GMT
Surnames: Eberhardt/Martel
Try looking for the family name in or around St. Mary's KS. My great grandmother's maiden name is Eberhardt but I do not know what the first name was. There were Eberhardts living in St. Marys, Pottawatomie, KS. According to a census (sorry, I cannot remember which one) they lived next door to my grandmother's brother Michael Martel & his family. Most of the people in St. Marys were Volga River Germans (Germans whose families went to Russia under Catherine the great to farm in the Volga River valley.
http://cvgs.cu-portland.edu/index.cfm
The Germans who settled there were primarily Catholic from Russia. This could be the area to look.

Good luck & best wishes!

Re: Catholic family Eberhardt from Russia

Posted: 23 May 2012 8:24PM GMT
This St Marys Eberhardt family name died out.

St Marys Star
30 March 1911

Killed By Freight Train
John Eavenhardt was Instanly
Killed, Being Thrown From
Car by Shock of Engine
Hitting It

John Eavenhardt was killed Monday afternoon, Mar. 27th by a freight train down near Rossville He was standing on a dump car on part of which the floor divides to allow the cinders, that they were unloading to fall long side of the track. The car had not been used all winter and it took a great deal of force to loosen it. The rest of the section gang saw the engine coming at such a high speed in order to jar the floor loose, and all had time to jump but Mr. Eavenhardt. The shock knocked him down between the two cars which ran over him. As soon as they reached him they saw at a glance that he was dead.
John Eavenhardt was born in Germany and lived there until two years ago, when he came to America and settled in St. Marys where he has since remained. Two years ago the day he was buried he arrived in this city Mr. Eavenhardt was always a good and honest man, and a steady worker. He married Katherine Buchuf in Germany, on Feb. 4th, 1903. His wife and little two year old baby girl of this city are left besides his mother, father, four brothers and four, sisters in Germany to month his death,
Since coming here he has worked at the college and different places but has been working on the section not quite a month yet
The funeral services were held from the Immaculate Conception Church Wednesday morning at nine o'clock Interment was made in the Catholic cemetery

Notes
1910 US census has born in Russia
Wife Katharina
Daughter Loida

MT Calvary Catholic Cemetery St Marys Kansas
Name Birth Death
Eberhardt John 1882 1911

Not sure of the maiden name of wife Katherine
Could be Bucholz which would connect to my St Marys families who came from Mariental (Volga)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic