Search for content in message boards

Help

Help

Gloria Gail Hannah (View posts)
Posted: 2 Dec 2000 8:08PM GMT
Please help my children locate their paternal grandmother, Gloria Gail Hannah. We have posted messages on this sight for the past year, and have been ignored. Why? I thought this was a familly web sight. Don't families talk to each other? My dead husband was given up at birth, my children wish to know where they came from. If the Hannahs are such a tight family they would respond to my childrens pleas to find their roots. Are they not Hannahs because their father was given up at birth? A response, negative or other wise would give them some direction. Do not ignore your own. Please respond. Thank you-Sincerely-Mom of a bunch of Hannahs

Gloria Gail Hannah

Posted: 13 Dec 2000 7:25AM GMT
Edited: 1 May 2002 7:25PM GMT
I don't know your Hannah, however will try to help to see if I can find anything on her. Is this a white/black Hannah family? Also is Hannah her married or maiden name? Will see what I can find when you send this. My (white) Hannah family is from Mississippi.

Gloria Gail Hannah

Laura Hannah Beckwith (View posts)
Posted: 15 Dec 2000 6:07AM GMT
I as well would be willing to help. Do you have any other information that possibly could narrow it down a bit. I have several ancestors from the area. I have also found the people on this site to be quite compassionate. We all have the same desire to find answers and I for one thank everyone over the last 2 years that have helped me sort out my own questions. Please reply with any other information that you may have and I'll look in my books. Laura.

Gloria Gail Hannah

Caroline (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2001 4:40AM GMT
Thank you so much for your help. I am responding on behalf of my four children. Gloria is my deceased husbands biological mother. She is white, and gave birth to a son on Aug.3,1956 in Charlston, W. Virginia. I believe she was 23, so was born between Aug,4,1932Aug.3,1933. She was in the service for a short time the year prior to Johns birth. She may have had a 5 yr. old daughter she left with her parents during this time. They may have lived in Ohio. I think Hannah is her maiden name,but can not be sure. The branch of the service was probably the army. I am most grateful for any assistance, my husband was looking for her at the time of his death in 1993, and my children long to know their heritage.Most sincerely-Caroline

Gloria Gail Hannah

Caroline (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2001 4:44AM GMT
Thankyou also very much. Please refer to the letter I posted to Yvonne.Gratefully-Caroline

Gloria Gail Hannah

Nancy Hannah (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2001 4:50AM GMT
I certainly understand your frustration. My husband's line of Hannahs came from West Virginia and moved to Ohio in the 1950s. With all of the Hannah researchers with roots in West Virginia, I haven't yet found any connection. My father-in-law's parents divorced when he was very young and he knows almost nothing about his family. His father was Nealy Emory Hannah, born 1903, and his grandparents were Earnest Hannah and Annie Summers, according to Nealy's Social Security application. I've been posting messages for the last two years, so I guess you just have to be patient until the right person reads your post. Good luck!

Gloria Gail Hannah

Caroline (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2001 5:49PM GMT
Thankyou for your response. I've heard from a women/young lady named Angel, and am very optimistic. Look at the entry on 2/27 for G.G.H. I hope this is my childrens long lost family. My youngest, ten, shares the same name with Angels mother. Small world, I hope!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions