Search for content in message boards

Rev. Isaac Renfro

Rev. Isaac Renfro

Posted: 2 Dec 2000 1:23PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2001 9:39AM GMT
Seeking info. on Isaac Renfro b. 1750 in VA, who first married Mary McKibben, b. Lincoln Co., KY. Isaac was a son of William Renfro, B. 1702, and Elizabeth Cheney.

Renfro family

Glenn Yingling (View posts)
Posted: 20 Dec 2000 8:55PM GMT
I have been wrestling with the Renfro family. My wife's maternal grandmother's grandmother was
Sarrah Elizabeth Renfro. I have Isaac Renfro b. 1783 married to Mary McKibbin b. 1780. I have
Isaac's father as John b.1760, grandfather as William b.1734, ggrandfather as William b. 1702.
Then somewhere I got a Henry H. and James.

renfros

Harlan Rentfrow (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 2000 6:29AM GMT
I know of two Sarah Elizabeths. One, b1/15/1840,in Barren Co., KY, d9/20/1912, was the daughter of John H. B. Renfro and Isabella Renfro.(They were distantly related)Isabella was the daughter of Isaac and Mary McKibben. Isaac was a son of John Renfro, Sr. and Esther Peak(e). John, Sr. was a son of William Rentfrow and Chloe Renfro, William was a son of William R. Rentfrow b1702 in James City Co., VA, d1789 in Botetourt Co., VA, and Elizabeth Cheney.(This William was my gggggggrandfather)

John H. B. b6/3/1810 in Barren Co., KY, d5/17/1877 in Leesville, Henry Co., MO, was a son of Jesse Byrd Renfro, and Mary Polly Mitchell.Jesse Byrd b8/18/1785 in Henry Co., VA, d3/25/1876 in Warren Co., KY, was a son of John Renfro, Sr. and Mary Peak(e).

There are many, many James', I don't know which one you may be referring to. Do you have any dates? I can't locate a Henry H., but do know of several Henrys.

Sarah Elizabeth Renfro

Posted: 21 Dec 2000 8:55PM GMT
We have a Sarah Elizabeth Renfro b. 22 Feb. 1843 in Garrard Co, KY to James Renfro b. 7 Apr 1810 and Mary Ann Huffman B.24 Jun 1827, both in Garrard Co, KY. Sarah m. 25 Dec 1867 in South Cedar, KS, and died in Jackson Co, KS on 1 Feb 1942, and was buried in the South Cedar Cemetery. She married Cornelius Coleman. Further records show a Wm. Renfro b. 1702 m. to Elizabeth Cheney who had a son Wm. b. 14 May 1734 in VA. His spouses name is unknown to me, but he did have a son named John b. 1760 in VA, who married Esther Peak, and they had a son Jsaac b. 1783 in Henry Co, VA, who married Mary McKibbin.

My Isaac seems to be a brother to Moses b. 1728,Thomas b. 1730, Wm. Jr. b.1734, Rev. Jesse b. 1740; Isaac b. 1750, and possibly a Peter and John. My lineage came from Isaac b. 1750 through his son Isaac b. 1788. Hope some of this helps.

Sarah Elizabeth Renfro

Harlan Rentfrow (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 2000 7:26AM GMT
Was Sarah Elizabeth's mother's middle name Ann for sure? I have other data which shows it was Mary Elizabeth Huffman. My info shows that she died 6/26/1853 in Platte Co., MO and that she is buried in Old Campground Cemetery in Platte Co.

The William you refer to, b5/14/1734 married Chloe Renfro. He died 9/01/1830 in Culleoka, Maury Co., TN.

William R. Rentfrow (my gggggggrandfather) and Elizabeth had 12 children that I know of:
Sarah
James. Sr.
Rev. Moses (my ggggggrandfather)
Thomas
China
William *
Mary
Rev. Isaac *
Jesse
Joshua
John
Peter
My dates all jibe except for Isaac. This has to be your Isaac, however. All I have on him says he was born about 1738. If you have more on him and his descendents, please fill me in. I will be happy to share anything I have.Incidently, I believe William was the first to spell the name "Rentfrow".

Sarah Elizabeth Renfro

Posted: 24 Dec 2000 3:16PM GMT
Yes, Sarah Elizabeth's mother's middle name was Ann. Elizabeth was Mary Ann's sister, who married John Renfro, James' younger brother. The Renfro brothers married Huffman sisters. The info you have on Mary Ann about her death and place of burial is correct. John Renfro died in 1856, within a few years of Mary Ann, but his wife, Elizabeth continued to visit James and his second family, as well as the first, in Kansas - even after she had remarried, and was loved by the family.

The Wm. Renfro b. 1734 m. Chloe Renfro was not in our family, but as I remember was a brother to Moses, Jesse, Isaac, etc. I have only the possible 7 sons of Wm. b. 1702 and Elizabeth Cheney: Moses b. 2 Jan 1728 in VA, d. 14 Jan 1824 Garrard Co, KY; Thomas; William, Jr. b. 14 May 1734 in Va, d. 1 Sep 1830 in Culleoka, Maury Co, TN; Rev. Jesse; Rev. Isaac; and possibly a Peter and a John. I do not have possitive sources for Peter and John nor any girls. Would appreciate that information.

Isaac had 6 children that I know of by his first wife - my Wm. being born about 1790.
Could we do this directly? E-Mail me at: haljean@pldi.net, and we will exchange snail mail addresses and other info.

Issac Renfro ? To Jean

Georgia Golian (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2001 12:39AM GMT
Hello, Probably just a coinsidence, but I am searching for Renfros in Missouri about 1880. y husbands gr. grandmother was Susan (Renfro) Herring. She married John herring in Missouri, Marion County in 1880. They had a son named Issac Birney Herring and Susan supposedly died when issac was a small baby. We can find no trace of her or her Renfro famiy. we do not know her parets names or if she had siblings. We have searced every cemetery, checked newspapers, census records, etc. and no trace of them. I keep wondering if she actually died here. I think it is possible she simply left or was forced to leave for some reason, and the older family members just told the younger ones she died. Most of the Herrings are buried in Ralls County or marion county Cemeterys. If you think there is a connection, please write. Susan and her family (Renfros) have been a big mystery to us for many years. Thank you. Georgia Golian-- ggolian@webtv.net

Issac Renfro ? To Jean

Posted: 9 Mar 2001 12:40AM GMT
Hello, Probably just a coinsidence, but I am searching for Renfros in Missouri about 1880. y husbands gr. grandmother was Susan (Renfro) Herring. She married John herring in Missouri, Marion County in 1880. They had a son named Issac Birney Herring and Susan supposedly died when issac was a small baby. We can find no trace of her or her Renfro famiy. we do not know her parets names or if she had siblings. We have searced every cemetery, checked newspapers, census records, etc. and no trace of them. I keep wondering if she actually died here. I think it is possible she simply left or was forced to leave for some reason, and the older family members just told the younger ones she died. Most of the Herrings are buried in Ralls County or marion county Cemeterys. If you think there is a connection, please write. Susan and her family (Renfros) have been a big mystery to us for many years. Thank you. Georgia Golian-- ggolian@webtv.net

Issac Renfro ? To Jean

Posted: 9 Mar 2001 12:41AM GMT

Issac Renfro ? To Jean

Posted: 9 Mar 2001 12:42AM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions