Search for content in message boards

CHARLES EMANUEL HANSEN

CHARLES EMANUEL HANSEN

Brenda Hansen Dolan (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT

Re: CHARLES EMANUEL HANSEN

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 11:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Are you still looking for ancestors in Scandinavia? Maybe you have found all your Scandinavian links, but in that case you might help me! I am searching for my grand-aunt Mathilde Bergersen, born in Oslo, Norway at January 10, 1860, who migrated t USA in 1881.
Pease give word to Morten Edvardsen, Moss, Norway. Email address:
m-edvar2@online.no

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 10:39PM GMT
Edited: 12 Feb 2013 11:47PM GMT
The question about Mathilde was answered here: "Hvor ble det av min grand-tante Mathilde Bergersen, født i Kristiania 10.01.1860 og døpt i Trefoldighetskirken? Dro hun virkelig til Amerika??" -- Startet av Morten Edvardsen
http://forum.arkivverket.no/topic/181814-hvor-ble-det-av-min...

Morten, did you have questions that are not answered in the thread above?

BIRTH/BAPTISM RECORD
Name: Mathilde
Birth Date: 10 jan 1860
Christening Date: 24 jun 1860
Christening Place: Oslo, Akershus, Norway
Father: Georg Bergersen
Mother: Maren Olsdr

DEATH RECORD
Name: Mathilda Hansen
[Mathilda Bergerson]
Birth Date: 10 Jan 1860
Birth Place: Other Country
Death Date: 10 Jan 1955
Death Place: Los Angeles [California, USA]
Mother's Maiden Name: Olsen
Father's Surname: Bergerson

Mathilde's immigration, ship's manifest:
http://digitalarkive...merk=38892#ovre
Name: Math Bergersen
Date of Arrival: 16 Aug 1881
Vessel: Teutonia
Port of Arrival: Quebec, Quebec
Port of Departure: Belfast, Ireland; Liverpool, England Roll: C-4531

Mathilda Bergerson married Emanuel Hansen 13 Oct 1881
Cook County, Illinois [Chicago is in Cook County, Illinios]
Illinois, Marriages, 1815-1935

1900 US Census
Brooklyn Ward 8, Kings, New York, USA
Charles Hansen 46
Mathelda Hansen 48, b Jan 1860 Norway married 18 years; 6 children 6 living; father b Norway mother b Denmark; to USA 1881
George Hansen 17
Effe Hansen 16
Katherine Hansen 15
Hiram Hansen 10
Row Hansen 7
Florence Hansen 1

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 1:23PM GMT
Yes, thank you very much. I am just trying to make sure that the information is correct, by "triangulation". It is so much "faulty" information around. I am not a full member of ancestry, just testing it for free. Could you possibly get hold of the 1910 and 1930 census for the Hansens and when and how Charles got to US for me? I will be much obligated if you do.

Friendly yours

Morten

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 2:38PM GMT
Edited: 13 Feb 2013 3:31PM GMT
I see! Well, it is essential for the collaboration for you to share what you know with your volunteer researchers. Also share your sources. Thank you!
Mvh

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 3:15PM GMT
Surnames: Hansen - Bergersen
Again, thank you and sorry for your inconvenience! I really appreciate your effort! But I have to admit that I did not quite understand that I posted my first message to a board. I believed I was sending an email to the first person (Brenda Dolan), hoping that she had gathered a lot more information about our common ancestry since 2001 (!!), and that we could exchange the information by direct email.

In spite of my age, I have not been doing this for long, but I am hopefully learning fast. And I ensure you I do want to behave according to all rules!!

I enclose a copy of a marriage certificate which now might be proven to be the right one.
Friendly yours, Morten

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 4:38PM GMT
I have sent Morten the 1900, 1910, 1920, and 1925 NY census as well as Charles' naturalization.

Paul

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 5:01PM GMT
Thank you very much!! These were really helpful. The 1900 census does not fit perfectly, as it states that Mathilde Hansen´s father was born in Norway and that her mother in Denmark; it was in fact the other way around, which I guess is an acceptable mistake. The 1910 Census puts this back correctly. Therefore I am pretty sure now that I am on the right track!
The 1920 census supplied me with some new and interesting names (in-laws). And the naturalization document was great!

Thanks again!!
Morten
per page

Find a board about a specific topic