Search for content in message boards

Obituaries in Rdg. paper 10/12/1892 -Templin, Long, Gehris, Unger

Obituaries in Rdg. paper 10/12/1892 -Templin, Long, Gehris, Unger

Posted: 24 Apr 2003 12:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Templin, Long, Gehris, and Unger
These obituaries are listed in Reading Eagle paper:

* Mrs. Emma Templin, aged 49 (?) years, 1139 Spring St., died of kidney infection, Tuesday evening, after an illness of
9 weeks. Her husband left home in search of work about 3 months ago, and has not since been seen. She leaves 6 children - Mrs. Ellen Weikel, of Gibraltar, and Harry, Arthur, Irvin, Jennie, and Clara Templin. One sister, Mrs. Alice Boyer, and a brother, Henry Spancake, also survive. She was a member of Old Lutheran church of Lebanon.

* Nathan Long, aged 70 years, admitted to the county hospital, Sept. 1890, from Rockland township, died in that institution. He has relatives living in vicinity of Topton.

* Mrs. Elizabeth Gehris, aged 69 years, (nee Schmehl,) wife of Charles Gehris, of Muhlenberg, died at 8 a.m. Two wekks ago Mrs. Genris suffered a stroke of paralysis. Besdes her husband she leaves 1 son, Mahlon Gehris. Deceased was a member of Reformed church.

* Benneville Unger, a well-known retired farmer, of Jefferson, died of Pneumonia, after an illness of 18 days. His widow and 7 children survive. They are: Alfred, Emaus, Joshua, Blue Marsh; Ira, Strausstown; Frank, Reading; Mrs. Samuel Henne, Strauustown; Mrs. Jacob Paulus, Jefferson; Amelia, residing at home. Funeral, Tuesday, Oct. 18. Interment at the Blue Mountain church.

Hope this helps someone.

Re: Obituaries in Rdg. paper 10/12/1892 -Templin, Long, Gehris, Unger

Jen Brickel (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2003 3:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Unger, Berks County

Thank you so much for posting this. :) I am doing research on the Benneville Unger family and I didn't know his date of death. This has helped me greatly. :)

Jen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions