Search for content in message boards

Howlett Family Descendants

Howlett Family Descendants

carolyn (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2004 10:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Howlett, Johnson, Sullivan, Giedl
Looking for descendants of Richard and Mary Howlett. They were in Elk River in 1920 census with 5 children;Florence,18, Marvin,12,Colletta,10,Gerald W.,8, and Catherine,5. They were still in Elk River in 1930. Florence married Jeremiah Johnson in 1924, Colletta married William P. Sullivan in 1927, Marvin married Freeda Giedl in 1927.
Have family history on Howlett's to share.
Carolyn

Re: Howlett Family Descendants

Posted: 3 Oct 2004 4:24AM GMT
Surnames: HOWLETT
Mary Howlett married my Uncle John Hendley. Please contact me as i have info to share with you also .

I have children of Richard and Mary as
Florence, William G, Marvin, Raymond, Coletta and Catherine.

JoAnne (Canada)

Posted: 10 Jan 2006 7:23PM GMT
Do you know the background of the Frieda Giedl in your research?.I am trying to find a Giedl ancestor in Bavaria. (Margarethe Giedl, probably born between 1830-1850')

carolyn (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2006 2:59AM GMT
Surnames: HOWLETT, GIEDL
Sorry David,
I only know that Frieda Giedl married Marvin Howlett in Idaho in 1927. I haven't found any info. on the Giedl surname.
Carolyn

Geoff Howe (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 2006 6:00AM GMT
Surnames: howlett
I'm interested in William and Susannah Howlett who arrived in Sydney Australia sometime before 1876. Their first child was born in Sydney that year. No trace of their marriage in New South Wales or their arrival. They had 8 children

carolyn (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 2006 3:56PM GMT
Surnames: HOWLETT, MEEHAN
Hello Geoff,
My Howletts were originally from Ireland. They went to Quebec about 1828 and some of them moved into the United States(Wisconsin) in the early 1850's. Some went to Chicago, some Idaho, but I don't think any went to Australia.
Sorry I have no information about your William and Susannah. Good luck in your search.
Carolyn

Re: Howlett Family Descendants/Johnson

Posted: 17 Sep 2006 2:32AM GMT
Surnames: Johnson Howlett Montgomery
We are researching the descendants of Ida Mongtomery and Joseph P. Johnson. One of their sons was Jeremiah Johnson, born 1897 probably in Big Canyon Creek, Idaho and died in 1943. I think this is the same Jeremiah Johnson who married Florence Howlett, (married 12 Jun 1924 in Clearfield Co, ID). They had three children in the 1930 census: Betty J. Johnson b. c1926; John Johnson b. c1928 and Allen Johnson b. c1930.

Re: Howlett Family Descendants/Johnson

carolyn (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 2006 12:14AM GMT
Surnames: HOWLETT,JOHNSON
Hello Lynda,
Do you know if Florence Howlett who married J.Johnson later married a Mr. Dunlop? In her mother's obit it lists a daughter named Florence Dunlop. If this is the same person then we are researching the same Howlett line. I am related to the Howlett line through my maternal great grandmother. She would have been a first cousin to Richard Howlett, the father of Florence. Are you descended from Ida and Joseph Johnson? I hope we can share more details of this connection if you are.
Thanks for contacting me.
Carolyn

Posted: 10 Sep 2010 7:14PM GMT
Carolyn, I am related to all the people you mentioned. My mother is the oldest of Florence Johnson (Dunlap). I'm trying to get in touch with Marvin M. Howlett, son of Marvin & Frieda Howlett. You can reach me at Yobobison@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic