Search for content in message boards

BEYLER FAMILY

BEYLER FAMILY

Posted: 28 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 1:07AM GMT
Surnames: BEYLER, GINGRICH, BERGER, EWALLT, WEISS
Looking for info on Caroline Beyler, according to obit. b. 18 April, 1847 in Bremen, Indiana. I believe her parents were Jacob Beyler and Anna K. Berger. She married Jacob Gingrich about 1872 in Indiana. She d. 15 Apr 1911 in Osceola Co., MI. In her obit, those present from out of town include Mr. & Mrs. Eli Ewallt, Bremen, Ind.,; Mr. & Mrs. John Weiss, Bremen, Ind.; Mr. & Mrs. Ulrich Weiss, Mishawaka, Ind. I believe these are relatives. Does anyone have information on these individuals, possible siblings, or any other family information?

Re: BEYLER FAMILY

Ruth Nunn (View posts)
Posted: 12 Oct 2003 9:15PM GMT
Surnames: Weiss
Dawn, I came across this message while I was going through some old paper work. Have I responded before? I have some information on Ulrich Weiss. I am related to his great grandson through marriage. My uncle just passed away at 92. Be glad to share what I know.

Dawn Todd Brinker (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2003 11:20AM GMT
Surnames: Beyler
I don't believe we have ever had contact. You can reach me directly at dawnstartodd@hotmail.com I don't have a lot on the Beyler family, but am willing to share what I do have.

Posted: 5 Aug 2004 2:26AM GMT
Anna Berger was a sister to my gggrandfather, Jacob Berger. I have a little information about the Ulrich Weiss family of Mishawaka, but do not know how they were related. I might be able to find out. Have you gotten any information since your posting?

Posted: 5 Aug 2004 11:47AM GMT
Surnames: Beyler, Berger, Weiss
I have a little more information about Caroline's siblings, but not anything more on the Berger or Weiss families. I know she is related to the Weiss family, but have not been able to figure out how. Will share what I have with you.

Ruth Nunn (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2004 12:45PM GMT
If you write to my email and send the siblings names I might be able to help make the Weiss connection. My great grandmother was a Weiss, and my aunt married a Weiss so I know there are two Weiss families involved. My g mother was a Berger and her daughter married into the Ulrich Weiss family.

Posted: 10 Jul 2005 11:47AM GMT
Surnames: Beyler, Gingrich
The only information I have it what you gave me. It has been a dead-end. I have a lot of information on the Gingrich family she married into, but not the family she was born into.

Posted: 3 Jan 2007 4:09AM GMT
You might find some of the info you are looking for by going to the Bremen Public Library website. They have done a good job of putting obituaries on their website. I believe the Jacob Beyler you are looking for is Jacob C. Beyler who died in Witchita, KS at the age of 49.

There is an obit for Anna Marie Beyler, dau. of Mr. & Mrs. J.J. Beyler which states she was survived by 4 sisters (Mrs. Caroline Ginrich of Reed City, MI, Mrs. Sarah Weiss of Coal Bush, IN, Mrs. Elizabeth Weiss and Mrs. Rosa Ewald - note the spelling - of Bremen, IN and 2 brothers Jacob and Samuel Beyler of Salina KS. I would suggest starting with the obits and you might be able to piece the info together.

My ggg grandfather (on my father's side - who was a "Weiss") was Jacob J. Beyler. While I am a newbie at genealogy, I believe we probably have some family connections. My mother's maiden name was Berger, my maiden name was Weiss and we all grew up in Bremen, Indiana.

randupubl@sbcglobal.net

Posted: 22 Apr 2012 5:45PM GMT
Surnames: Berger, Weiss, Beyler
Many years later... I was born a Berger, my grandfather Marlo was the son of Sarah Weiss and Jonas Berger in Bremen, Indiana. His parents died young (of typhoid, I think.) My father was very close to his cousin, Al Beyler; they went to college together in Illinois.

Posted: 1 Oct 2013 3:12AM GMT
Surnames: Weiss, Beyler, Berger
Many early German residents of the Bremen area were members of the German Evangelical Association (missionaries started coming through the area in the 1840s), which published obituaries for deceased members. You can search for an obituary on the Allen County Public Library website (http://www.genealogycenter.info/search_evanmessenger.php) and then request a copy of it from them for a small fee. I've ordered several and found them to be usually very detailed. I saw that they had one for Ulrich Weiss and Jacob and Anna Berger Beyler among others. Anna was the sister of my ancestor, John W. Berger.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions