Search for content in message boards

Clark/Busby lineage

Clark/Busby lineage

DConrad (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2002 9:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Clark/Busby/
Looking for information on John T. Clark, b. 1867, m. Mary E. Busby, b. Lincoln Parish 1870, married 1888 in Columbia County, Arkansas, both residents of Vienna, LA at the time of their marriage. Looking for lineage of both parties. Please help.

Re: Clark/Busby lineage

Posted: 22 Jun 2002 12:59PM GMT
Surnames: Buchanan, Harden/Hardin, Gresham, Franklin
I wonder if your Tom Busby is related to Rev. Andrew 'Jack' Jackson Busby b. Aug. 6, 1845 who married my gr gr aunt Elizabeth J. Buchanan b. Dec. 14, 1849 Jackson Parish, LA and they married on Oct 11, 1866 in LA. I believe that area of Jackson Parish may now be in Lincoln Parish around Vienna where my grandfather Elbert Hamilton Buchanan was born in 1874. Both Rev. Jack and Elizabeth Busby are buried in the Old Logansport Cemetery, Logansport, DeSoto Parish, LA. They had a daughter Mollie.

DebbieC (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2002 2:11PM GMT
Surnames: Clark/Busby
Thank you so much for your reply. My great grandmother was Mary Elizabeth Busby, born 1870 in Lincoln Parish. Her death certificate indicates that her father was Houston Busby. I do not know if that is correct or not. None of the Houston Busby's I have searched are her father. Your information is very intriguing, and I would like to know more. Did Andrew and Elizabeth have other children.

Posted: 25 Jun 2002 11:48PM GMT
Surnames: Buchanan, Harden, Gresham, Franklin
Thanks for the reply back! I think Andrew J. and Elizabeth had other children, but don't have the names of any others.
All I know is the one named Mollie, which is very slim to none in info. I know Andrew J. was married several more times after Elizabeth died and that they did live in Shelby Co., TX for a while where he preached.

Posted: 26 Jun 2002 5:31PM GMT
I am the great-granddaughter of a.j. busby. His children with wife Elizabeth are; Mollie e.Busby,Luther Edward, Addie e. Ellis Bon, and Robert O. A. J. Busbey or Busby I have no other information on him.

Posted: 27 Jun 2002 12:30AM GMT
Surnames: Buchanan, Harden, Gresham, Franklin
Betty, Thank you for your response. I have that Jack was a twin and was a Baptist preacher. They lived in Bossier Parish, LA and moved to Shelby Co., TX before moving to DeSoto Parish, LA. I have lots of info on Jack's wife Elizabeth Buchanan's family. Her fathers parents are still a mystery, I do have her mothers parents' lines pretty far back. I have some info at my website:

http://www.geocities.com/tnbrat2/

Elizabeth's brother Robert Larkin Buchanan was my gr grandfather, that would make us cousins.

Nelda Buchanan
tnbrat2@bellsouth.net

DebbieC (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 2002 4:01PM GMT
My gr-grandmother was born in 1870. I wonder if perhaps she was a niece of A.J. Oh, well, I'll keep diggin'. Thank you for being so helpful. You have given me a great lead!

DebbieC (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2003 10:17PM GMT
Surnames: Busby/Clark
Hi, Nelda. Remember me? I found out recently that Tom Clark and Elizabeth Busby were married in Magnolia, AR, and they both listed their place of residence as Vienna, LA.[
Maybe I'm closer than I thought!!

Posted: 16 Jan 2003 11:51PM GMT
Edited: 30 Aug 2003 4:50AM GMT
Thanks! Yes, I remember you. I've had Ben Busby contact me
recently and sent his lines info.

DebbieC (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2003 3:10PM GMT
I saw your picture on your website. You look like you could be kin.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions