Search for content in message boards

Adkins to Atkins

Adkins to Atkins

Posted: 19 Jul 2010 8:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Adkins,Atkins,Tiller,Davis
My father was Harry L. Atkins & his father was Walter W. Atkins from VA but his father was John D. Adkins from VA, trying to find any vital info as to if we are actually Chickahominy Native. Due to the area of VA most of my kin are from the Mangohick Co. area. My father Harry also married an Atkins- Marion Norman Atkins which Im looking for vital info of her father & mother ( Norman Murdock Atkins & Jessie Marian Tiller) My great grandfather John L. Atkins on my mother's side was married to Emma A. Davis who is supposed to be the daughter or granddaughter of Jefferson Davis President of Confederate States during Civil War. Any info would be appreciated. Thanx

Re: Adkins to Atkins

Posted: 28 Oct 2010 6:50PM GMT
If you are looking for vital records, then you need to include dates and locations. Then members can suggest where/how to get records.

Every state and county has different years that are available, along with different procedures.

Posted: 20 Dec 2010 8:52PM GMT
I had a great uncle Murdock Atkins who had a daughter Marion she lived in Baltimore. Murdock had 3 brothers Percy Leroy, Livery and Jasper Lewis. They are from the tidewater VA. Feel free to contact me.

Trying to locate any connection to above names and if they connect to a M FRY

Posted: 21 Dec 2010 6:15PM GMT
Surnames: Adkins to Atkins
Great John, My grandpa was Norman Murdock Atkins, & my mother was Marion Norman Atkins. Well hell we are related! I reckon we are 2nd cousins. Check out my tree for updated info! If u like U may call my son Jerry "RedDog" Atkins @ 615-670-1235 & conversate on this matter. We have been told all kinds of stories from Marion on our ancestors & family name. Have HAPPY HOLIDAY! Here are pics we have of Norman Murdock & Marion Norman, & Me "Thomas Walter Atkins
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions