Mary Ethel Hunter m. Benjamin Charles Turner

Mary Ethel Hunter m. Benjamin Charles Turner

brenda (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2002 3:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Dec 2005 3:05PM GMT
Surnames: Hunter, Turner, Barlow
I'm just starting this line and don't know much more then this:
Benjamin Charles Turner married Mary Ethel Hunter, he was the son of (Colonel) William Turner from Jeffersonville or New Albany Area, died in 1936. Benjamin was the youngest of thirteen children. Brothers and sisters are Oliver Turner died at 63? Joseph, Martha, Rose, Margret,she has a daughter,Lucil maybe Conway,Connley? something like that.
Williams wife was a Barlow, she came from Germany? They are related to Sinclairs of Elwood,IN... Anyone with information PLEASE let me know. Thanks Brenda
E-mail me please...............

Re: John Thomas & Nellie Elizabeth Hunter

Lester R Hunter (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2002 5:18PM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2005 3:06PM GMT
Surnames: Hunter
I need info on John Thomas Hunter who married a Nellie Elizabeth Hunter in the late 1800's. They had a son named Leonard Thomas Hunter. They were suppose to be from Florida but may have originated in the Ohio River Valley area.
Also, my wife is a Bartlow who is researching William Bartlow who was to have been born in OH with his father from N.J.
He ended up in southern IL. Anything clicking ????

brenda fowler (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2002 7:40AM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2005 3:06PM GMT
I'm sorry but I just found out her name was Eliza Bartlett. Sorry I couldn't help you. Brenda

Re: Robert Bede Hunter (Scotland) m Anne Feeney (Ireland)

brenda Fowler (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2002 5:35AM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2005 3:08PM GMT
Surnames: Hunter, Feeney, Dewer
I believe we are on the same track. As I talk to the grandchildren of Ben and Mary Turner/Hunter I'm getting a little different information. But I am putting two and two together. Here Is what I Know so far.
Robert Bede Hunter (Scotland) m Anne Feeney (Ireland)
Roberts parents were William Hunter (Ireland) m Elizabeth Dewer on 9-22-1871 in Aderston Glasgow, Scotland.
Annes sisters names were Tess, Mary, and Sarah. I have more info on them.
Roberts sister was Nellie Elizabeth Hunter m. Man named Hunter. They had two children. But thier names were Rollo (I don't know if this is a nic name) and William Hunter. Rollo Hunters name can be seen on the Credits of the old Frank Buck Movies.
Col. William Jefferson m two stories so far one Elizabeth Barlow or Eliza Bartlett....(BARTLOW)????????Maybe!
I do know she was a full blooded INDIAN (Cherokee)
Williams Parents were William Turner m. Elizabeth Wilson
I do know the Hunters came from Toledo, OHIO. Thats where Benjamin Turner and Mary Hunter Married. (My Husbands Grandparents). The Hunters Settled in Jeffersonville/New Albany Indiana area. Col. William Jefferson Turners father raised Lima Beans. He Piloted a boat down the river to New Orleans, to sell them for $15.00 a bushel also delivering onions and potatoes. He had to walk the Natchin trail back home. He died along the trail on his 28th trip back, and he was buried along that trail. So If this fits alittle better E-Mail me Blf4924@AOL.COM. and let me know what you have. OK
Thanks Brenda

Re: Hunter/Turner/Skaggs Connetions

Posted: 23 Apr 2002 2:03AM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2005 3:09PM GMT
Surnames: Hunter, Skaggs, Turner, Wilson, Williams
Sounds as if we come from the same branch of Hunters..A turner married a Hunter and a Turner married a Skaggs, who married a Hunter...Benjamin, Minerva Jane, William, John, Joseph...Do you have any more information on native american links, and where ever did you find this info:::?? Have you read the book on the Skaggs and Hunters which includes the Turners, Wilsons, Williams??

Posted: 23 Apr 2002 1:41PM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2005 3:10PM GMT
Where does Nellie Elizabeth Hunter come in at and do you have information on John Thomas Hunter or Leonard Thomas Hunter b. 1911? Leonard Thomas Hunter is the father of my husband who seemed to have mystery shrouded around him.

Re: Hunter; Georgia

Posted: 20 May 2002 3:19AM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2005 3:10PM GMT
im looking for hunters who came from georgia who's names were james hunter he died in 1942 his wife wass mattie hunter she was irish. his father was john hunter who was indiain the son james had a son name otha /james and i dont no any more james had 25 children but dont know there names and we are from toledo ohio can you help me thanks carla.

Re: Update: Mary Ethel Hunter m. Benjamin Charles Turner

Brenda (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2005 3:14AM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2005 3:11PM GMT
Surnames: Hunter, Feeney
To update the last post, I have made very little headway on my Hunter family.
To answer the question of where I got my information, My husbands grandfather told me this story on several occassions, and I haven't even heard of the Skaggs book.
My hunters came from Ireland and Scotland. Robert Hunter and Anne Feeney had the following children:
1. George Hunter married Millie
2. Robert Hunter born in Pennsylvania married Eva
They had two daughters
3. John Francis Hunter born in Pennsylvania married Mary Fish, They had 1 daughter and 4 sons
He was an Attorney living in Lucas County, Ohio
4. Mary Hunter born in Crystal City, Missouri
5. Esther Hunter born in Toledo, Ohio
Mary and Esther married Benjimen Turner of Floyd County, IN.
The Census' states Roberts parents were from England.
If anyone has any information about the above please contact me at josephwisdom@aol.com

Posted: 15 Jan 2013 4:24AM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 17 Jan 2013 3:14AM GMT

Posted: 15 Jan 2013 4:25AM GMT
Have you learned anything further regarding John Thomas Hunter and Nellie Elizabeth Camp or Kemp? I am currently researching this family but can only go back as far as their son, Leonard. Thanks for any help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions