Search for content in message boards

James Stewart

James Stewart

Mary Stewart (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2000 9:12AM GMT
We would like any information on James Stewart b. 1685 in Pennsylvania. He married a woman named Elizabeth and they migrated to Rowan County, N.D. He was the father of Matthew Stewart, who married Elizabeth McCall and was a Captain in the Revolutionary War.

Matthew Stewart's father

Ann Herzer (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2001 2:30PM GMT
To Mary: Many list Matthew Stewart's father as Allen Stewart. The last name of his wife Elizabeth is not know. Some say Hamilton and some Davis or Harris. I descend through Matthew's son William who also served in Rev. War as did sons Henry, James prob.John

Matthew Stewart

Mary Stewart (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2001 6:00PM GMT
Would Ann Herzer who sent me a message regarding Matthew Stewart today, please contact me at MMitc13634. I would like to exchange some additional information as we have common ancestors. Thanks.

Matthew Stewart

Posted: 11 Jan 2001 2:14PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2002 8:48PM GMT
Mary Stewart inquiry please email me as I'm unable to contact you. aherzer@softhome.net

Re: Matthew Stewart's father

cathy stewart (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2005 3:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
My stewart line runs from Matthews son John. Do you have any additional information. I would love to see.

Thanks
Cathy

Mary Stewart Mitchell (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2005 6:03PM GMT
Cathy -

I am descended from Capt. Matthew Stewart of Charlotte, NC. His son John was born in 1765. He married Agnes Moore of Mecklenbury County, NC and settled at the state line where the corner stone of Lanchester and Untion Counties now stands. He is the progenitor of the Mecklenburg Stewarts. John was the father of eleven children, three daughters, Mary Jane, Sarah Ann, Elizabeth and eight sons: elizah, James, John, William, Silas Plummer, Samuel, Hugh and Josiah. John died in 1826 in Union County, NC.

If the above information matches that of your ancestor, I can give you additional information on Matthew, but the family information is sketchy beyond Matthew. However, there seems to have been another Matthew Stewart in Salisbury County, NC. that is no relation to my ancester.

Cathy stewart (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2005 2:17AM GMT
That is indeed my line. I am descended through John; Samuel and Samuels' son Billy.

Any info is appreciated

Mary Stewart Mitchell (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2005 5:17PM GMT
Cathy -

Please get in touch with me directly at MMitc13634@aol.com and I will be happy to share with you the information I have on our ancestor Capt. Matthew Stewart.

cathy (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 2005 4:04AM GMT
do you have perchance, any likeness of Matthew or his sons?

Posted: 23 Oct 2005 10:34PM GMT
To: Ann, I am trying to trace a John Welsh Stewart that married a Jane McCall [1808-1885] they had ten children and stayed in Washington Cty, PA - does this look familiar?
Patsy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions