Search for content in message boards

Offering information about Belgian relatives

Offering information about Belgian relatives

Posted: 23 Oct 2012 3:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,

This Saturday I'm going to the archives of the Flemish region of Belgium to do some research about my own genealogy.

But I'm offering to help all of you. If you want a copy of the original certificate of one of your ancestors (or a few of your ancestors), I can make one and mail it to you if you like. Since I'm there and since I really appreciate this kind of help myself :-)

So let me know who to find!

Re: Offering information about Belgian relatives

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 7:02AM GMT
Surnames: Hellemans
for Johannes Franciscus Hellemans ,born in Putte, antwerpen,on 1 Dec 1887,
I am looking for :
- his first wife who gave him 3 children: Alphonse and Hortensia. Perhaps, she died in 1911.A third child is Constance Bertha born 26 Nov 1910 in Wavre St Catherine, died in Oct 1987. The first 2 children he had with his second wife Anna Maria Eulaerts were born in O L Vr Waver. I think the 2 towns are the same, wavre ste Catherine being the french version.
- dates of birth and dead of his parents names: Henricus Hellemans and Joanna Catharina van de vyver

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 7:27AM GMT
Hi,

I'll look it up for you!

By the way: Onze-Lieve-Vrouw-Waver and Sint-Katelijne-Waver (wavre-st catherine) aren't the same :-)

OLV Waver is a small area of St Kat Waver, you can look it up on google.maps :-)

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 10:16AM GMT
I typed my message in the middle of the night; that's explain why I forgot to say "thank you"

And thank you for the clarification about the towns.

Do you speak Dutch?

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 9:18PM GMT
Hi! I found the birth certificate of Joannes Franciscus Hellemans in Putte! It's not 01/12/1887 but 01/12/1877!
A sister of his was born in 1887 on July 27th, Clara Hellemans.

The birth certificate says Hellemans Henricus was born in Putte as well about 1843 and Joanna Catharina Van de Vyver was born in Onze-Lieve-Vrouw-Waver in about 1844

I haven't found the wife of Joannes Franciscus Hellemans, because I ran out of time and initially searched for him in 1887. The microfilm only goes untill 1890 so I didn't look for a marriage.
But I may think it's easier if I send an e-mail to the people of the Civil Registry of Sint-Katelijne-Waver and ask for the birth certificate of Constance Bertha Hellemans. It's been over 100 years, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I put the birth certificate in attachment. If you want I van transcribe and translate the document for you?
Attachments:

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 10:19PM GMT
Thank you so much. Yes, if you can send a E-mail to the civil Registry for constance, it would be great.

I live in NJ but I was born in Belgium, in the south of the country. My dutch is a little be rusty but I can still read it.

Sorry about the date mistake;, I read again his marriage certificate with his 2nd wife and you were right, it is 1877.

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 5:51PM GMT
I talked to my mother-in-law, Aline Hellemans. she said she does not know Clara Hellemans. she remembered her mother writing to her uncle once a year to ask for seeds for his garden. Her sister Maria remembers Clara: she was her godmother.
Aline Hellemans said the family was deported in Holland during the first world war. when they returned, their house was partially destroyed but her dad tried to start a crop. Unfortunately, the crop failed because of the weather. With already 7 children, they decided to move to the south of the country where they were hiring in the coal mines.
None of the living sisters (Anna, Maria and Aline) cannot remember the name of their uncle. So, one day, if you have the time, can you look for the brother of Joannes Franciscus Hellemans? Thank you

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 12:53PM GMT
Hi!

Sorry for the delay. I mailed the civil registry of Sint Katelijne Waver for the birth certificate of Constance Bertha Hellemans. When I get feedback, I'll let you know.

November 26th I'm able to go to the archives. I'll look for the brother of Joannes Franciscus Hellemans! Do you have any idea if he's younger or older?

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 1:28PM GMT
No, since Joannes was born in 1877 and Clara in 1887, perhaps he is in between; but really I don't know. If it is a large family, it can be before 1877 or after 1887.
Thank you again for your help.

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 5:17PM GMT
And then suddenly I find this:
http://maeijer.home.xs4all.nl/www.demaeijer.nl/genealogy/sma...

This is someone else's research. Joannes Franciscus Hellemans is the second last person. No mentioning of Clara, but maybe the researcher didn't look any further, as Clara was born in 1887.

This gives me something to go on at least. I'll check everyone and maybe even add some more. It appears to be a big family, with more then one brother for Joannes Fransicus..
per page

Find a board about a specific topic